Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the car yesterday. It was kia corporate owned. Put in service Feb 2018. Only has 9000 miles on it. Got a really great deal. Im coming out of a 15 Genesis. The Cadenza is much better than the Genesis. Love it so far. Looking forward to fun driving ahead.

Registered
Wow, you like the Cadenza better than the Genesis? I love my Cadenza I've just not really heard anyone say they went the direction you did. Glad to hear you are happy, what is it though that makes you happy about the Cadenza over the Genesis?

Registered
wow, yeah, I know the 17&18 Cadenza's are nice, but to say it's nicer then a 15 Genesis...wow. I tested a 15 G when I ended up in the 14 C. I didn't think the Cadenza was better, just couldn't find a CPO Genesis anywhere at the time. I did test the 17 Cadenza when it first came out, loved it, was a couple leaps forward from the 14 for certain. I'll have to do some more test driving again I guess!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in a 15 AWD genesis with navi and cruise. Its a lease(which I will never do again) lease is up in Februay. Never heard of the Cadenza until early summer when I first discoveed it. I immediatly thought to myself it鈥檚 a genesis with a Kia badge on it fo MUCH less. When I found the Cadenza thats now in my driveway I had to jump. It was Kia corporate owned鈥攃ame into service Feb of 18鈥揾as 9035 miles and is dealer certified with, panoramic roof,corthinan leather seats,adaptive cruise,12 speaker harmon cardon system,heated/cooled seats,heated steering wheel,wireless phone chaging,apple car play,heated wiper blade area,auto hold and more鈥-this competes with the now renamed genesis g60 which has a list price of $60,000. The Cadenza also has accousical glass on the windshield and front wndow glass and a new improved steel body that Kia welded together and used adheasives for the remainder. It also has five surround cameras that come on when your in revese and stay on for a bit when you shift back in drive. Kia corporate put the car into a dealer aucton. A dealer in Pa bought the car and offered it for sale鈥擨 immediatly found it on iseecars. I purchased it for $29,400鈥揅ertifed. The ride home from Philly to Connecticut was smooth and quiet and all the tech worked great鈥-31.1 miles to the gallon. Very happy鈥-pictures when I can figure out how to get them on

Registered
That's a great deal, thanks for sharing the pricepoint. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% certain you have a 2017, I think it's a 2018. All the pictures I've seen on autotrader for Limited either 2017 or 2018, only the 18's have the diamond shaped seat accents.. Of course a later release 2017 could have had that too, that would mean the early part of that year just didn't offer that and that's all i'm seeing online.

I've been keeping my eye out for a CPO, or even used Limited 17 or 18...**** even a new limited can't find them within 200 miles of me...crazy how rare they are right now. Must be burning up stock, waiting for 2019's to star rolling out.

Registered
I just checked out that site, iseecars.com, good resource. And i'm seeing there are 2017 Limiteds with the same seat, so I'm wrong about that most likely...may have been something mislabeled, like a Tech package which has the LED fogs, maybe they were labeling that as a limited a few times, and that is what messed me up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked out that site, iseecars.com, good resource. And i'm seeing there are 2017 Limiteds with the same seat, so I'm wrong about that most likely...may have been something mislabeled, like a Tech package which has the LED fogs, maybe they were labeling that as a limited a few times, and that is what messed me up.

I had the same issue with the car I purchased. The dealer had it listed as a preimum model but I had done my homework and from looking at the pictures I saw the SXL on the back and the high end leather seats so I knew it was a limited. Could be a plus for the buyer cause there are so few around so dealers dont know the difference. I know mine was priced lower cause they thought it was a preimum. Great for me.

Registered
鈥-this competes with the now renamed genesis g60 which has a list price of $60,000.
There's no Genesis G60.
The G90 (which was the Equus) compares with the K900
The G80 (was Hyundai Genesis) compares with Cadenza
The new G70 compares with Stinger

G60 may be planned in the future, but doesn't currently exist.

Registered
Thanks. I am now correctly informed
Oh, but there's more. Just to keep us a little confused:
K900 in Korea is K9
Cadenza is K7
But the Stinger is K8, implying that it should slot in above the K7, but the Stinger is smaller inside, so it probably should have been K6

So:
G90 = K9 K900
G80 = K7 Cadenza
G70 = K8 Stinger

Then again, the Cadenza is = to Hyundai Azera, so maybe it's not really comparable to the G80

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the same issue with the car I purchased. The dealer had it listed as a preimum model but I had done my homework and from looking at the pictures I saw the SXL on the back and the high end leather seats so I knew it was a limited. Could be a plus for the buyer cause there are so few around so dealers dont know the difference. I know mine was priced lower cause they thought it was a preimum. Great for me.
Here's my first repair on a car Ive owned for a week. Was having trouble getting the OVU system up and running. Screen was stating that my phone was not connected. Noticed that my phone was not charging when plugged in via usb(have an iphone x so it was wireless charging). Dealer checked it out monday and ordered a new usb part. Went today to have it replaced and after three hours they decided its the radio. Putting in a new radio next week under warranty. Dealer showed my cost. $3000.00. Also noticed daytime running lights are not on. They think its tied into the radio with it being the main frame for all electronics. Will keep you informed if your interested

Registered
I did test the 17 Cadenza when it first came out, loved it, was a couple leaps forward from the 14 for certain.
You take that back! Ours have better performance (engine power and speed) as well as more features for less money than comparable 17s-18s LOL. Also the new style seems to almost blend in more with other cars, I like how ours is very different and people take notice.

Also as a side note to your radio needing replaced that sucks but good that you have a CPO and it's under warranty, this is one of the reasons why we tell prospective buyers to get CPOs if they come in here asking. I had trouble with my nav and 1 part in it was apparently $4k to replace for just the 1 part (not even the whole unit). It was covered under warranty of course but still... yeesh.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update on radio. After the first service adviser dropped the ball and never ordered the radio it was replaced today and I am happy to report all systems are working great. What great sound from this system. So now my new ride is working 100%. Here鈥檚 to many happy years/miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.