Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Center dash speaker blown

6K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  mdwash33 
#1 ·
Center dash speaker just blew out this morning. I haven't ever popped that cover off to see how easy this is to replace. Crutchfield seems state this is a 4 inch speaker.

2014 Premium with Lux package.

Any recommendations or discovered issues welcome.

#3 ·
Yeah, as you stated, very easy to get to. Found a speaker and wiring connectors for it, shipping now. I will have to figure out how to get the new speaker to mount to the existing holes. I will first try to dremell out the old speaker from the extra metal used to mount it. If that doesn't work i'll have to make something.

#6 ·
I replaced my center channel with an Infinity Reference series 4" speaker. It's not a perfect fit, but you can make it work. You need to make sure you go with a speaker that's lower than 4 ohms to match the rest of the speakers. All the other speakers are 2 ohm. If you go with a 4 ohms speaker, the output will be different.

#7 ·
Yeah, i hear ya. But I already replaced the doors with 4 ohm speakers so there's a modest balance overall. It's difficult to find 2 ohm speakers that aren't woofers.

And to the bot1980, yeah it's secure. the weight of the speaker is applying gravitational force down against the tape, I put a full ring so it touches every bit of the speaker, and of course in the heat of the day this gravity application means that the tap will bond even better over time as opposed to falling off if the gravity was pulling way from the tape. Please delete your link, or Moderators, can you delete the Bot's presence.

#9 ·
It sounds much better then the blown one! The cone barely moved the coil was dragging over the magnet as you moved it. As far as better or worse then what was there when it was working, I honestly couldn't tell you one way or the other. But it is nice getting that sound back, as I had the old speaker out for about 4 days, so I heard the system without a center, adding it back made it worth while.

#10 ·
The nice thing about the stock Infinity speakers, they actually sound pretty decent...better than quite a few factory systems. Where you notice the difference is in clarity and you'll notice notes in music you may not have heard before. Also, you can now turn the music up all the way and you shouldn't get any distortion (at least that's how mine performs now. The only issue I have now is bass roll-off at higher volumes and it affects the signal going to the after-market sub. Once I get a better LOC, that problem will be addressed. I just really wish I could swap out the head unit.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
420chengandrew...I only have pics I took from when I swapped out the door speakers. I can pop the center speaker grille and take a pic. I kept it simple by going with the Infinity Reference line of speakers due to the lower impedance vs most other brands. You can also go with JBL and I believe MB Quart. The sound improvement is distinct. I still need to replace the 4" speakers in the rear deck...once I figure out how to access them. You can look my car up on Instagram: K7_stormii.gray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.