Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Center dash speaker just blew out this morning. I haven't ever popped that cover off to see how easy this is to replace. Crutchfield seems state this is a 4 inch speaker.

2014 Premium with Lux package.

Any recommendations or discovered issues welcome.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’ve popped it off for fun before. I’m 95% sure that it is a 4 inch. Just grab a panel removal tool, the cover is just held in by clips. Below you’ll find the speaker screwed in. Super easy to get to, should only take a few minutes

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, as you stated, very easy to get to. Found a speaker and wiring connectors for it, shipping now. I will have to figure out how to get the new speaker to mount to the existing holes. I will first try to dremell out the old speaker from the extra metal used to mount it. If that doesn't work i'll have to make something.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went aftermarket. The one I wanted had the tweeter well recedes inside the cone, I wish i'd have gone with that one, but it was out of stock so I went with a pioneer that had the tweeter popping out. I took the old speaker out, cut the lower part leaving only the ring and 2 mounting screw posts, then dropped the speaker in on top. I was able to screw it down to the top of that ring, cut and ground down the screws underneath so it was smooth, and it mounted beautify. However the cover wouldn't pop back on, somewhere around 1/4 inch or more the tweeter was in the way. So, back to the ring i cut out of the old speaker. I then removed rest of the soft stuff inside the top of the old speaker ring, and I had to use a grinder to smooth out the inside of the full opening so that the new speaker could instead of fitting flush on top of the ring spacer would go down inside the ring. All stuff if you ever took the speaker out you could see what I mean. Then used 2 sided tape to secure the speaker inside that ring, since i could no longer screw it in. That gave me just a bit more of the clearance I needed to get it done. All said and done, it was clear i needed to add some more tools and bits to my tool set, I had to be more creative with how I did what I did then I normally like to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts