Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has been covered before, but I can’t find specific instructions for it. I’ve managed to remove all of the screws and bolts that hold the center console on, and I have the leather dust catcher around the shift knob removed, but I just can’t figure out how to remove the knob itself! I have a 2014 Kia Cadenza. I’ve tried pushing the shift button in a pulling up, but it won’t budge. Is there another way?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everything about Kia's online says, with the parking brake on, put it in Drive and pull straight up. Just go to Youtube, there are several videos.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything about Kia's online says, with the parking brake on, put it in Drive and pull straight up. Just go to Youtube, there are several videos.
I’ve checked youtube and google and there doesn’t seem to be anything on the Cadenza. I’ve tried pulling straight up but I haven’t put it in drive before. Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately that didn’t work, i’ve tried it in every shift position, at times trying to depress the shift button simultaneously. I’ve probably used upwards of 40lbs of force without success. Is there a special way to get this off?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Out of curiosity what is your endgame by removing center console ? some times one can solve the problem by working backwards and possibly the solution to your endgame might be elsewhere . Just my thoughts and two cents worth. As a default ask your service advisor ??>

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of curiosity what is your endgame by removing center console ? some times one can solve the problem by working backwards and possibly the solution to your endgame might be elsewhere . Just my thoughts and two cents worth. As a default ask your service advisor ??>
There is a constant and obnoxious creaking/rattling sound coming from both the tray and somewhere beneath it. i’m hoping to remove the center console to see if I can stabilize the creaking parts, or add some foam/sound deadening to get rid of it. I’m going to tackle it again this weekend, and I might have to ask the dealership if worst comes to worst.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts