Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i replace the entertainment display on my 2016 Kia Cadenza with a 2018 entertainment center?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sure, with enough time and money anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it will be plug-n-play.
Worst case, sell 2016 car and buy 2018 car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, just think the interface is too slow and wanted to have carplay or android auto and the 2016 will most likely never get the upgrade

·
Registered
11 Posts
thank you, just think the interface is too slow and wanted to have carplay or android auto and the 2016 will most likely never get the upgrade
This is why I bought a CD-slot magnetic mount and a Samsung Tab A7 and just use that for my maps. Generally though I just connect my phone via bluetooth still and just forget Android Auto. I'm contemplating buying AAWireless though, which would breathe new life into the system.

·
Registered
289 Posts
the 2016 will most likely never get the upgrade
You are correct! There will never be a software upgrade that gives Android auto functionality. That requires specific hardware not installed in your entertainment system. No software would be able to make anything happen without the hardware. This was a hard pill for a lot of 2014-2016 owners to swallow and many discussions have been had about it. Not everything is a software upgrade away. Hardware is required.

So, pretty much your only option is to stick with blue tooth and the many things you can do with that and your phone. Personally, I don't even like Android Auto. I very much prefer the awesome functionality of my Google Assistant, my phone and blue tooth. Works amazingly well for me, hands free and so much more I can do that is limited in AA.

Reactions: Kia-Driver

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is why I bought a CD-slot magnetic mount and a Samsung Tab A7 and just use that for my maps. Generally though I just connect my phone via bluetooth still and just forget Android Auto. I'm contemplating buying AAWireless though, which would breathe new life into the system.
How would AAW wireless work? From what I saw/read it’s not compatible?

·
Registered
2016 Kia cadenza
18 Posts
I would think that you could just have an aftermarket head unit installed, that has all the new crap on it right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts