Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to others who have posted about this group and their phone number of 855 542 7733. I called them this afternoon to open a case and they were very polite. My complaint regarded the 'I Agree' screen requirement every time you start the vehicle, and, also my complaint about not having the ventilated passenger seat. I purchased my car October 2, 2013 and it had all the packages including technology, produced in July, 2013.

Per Michelle with the Kia line, Kia added the passenger ventilated seat starting with Cadenzas produced in September. She had no idea why this was the case with Kia; but on both issues she agreed they were becoming common complaints and she would refer mine to their design and engineering groups. She also provided her direct extension number, and, promised to call me with an update in about a week.

I told her that I hope Kia can develop a software fix for the ' I Agree' screen, and, also come up with a reasonably priced way to add cooling to the passenger seat. She agreed, and, said Kia does indeed care and want to satisfy their customers. We'll see!

Oddly enough, I have received requests from JD Powers, and Edmund's, direct to my email asking for my review. I informed Kia of that and that I had been honest about these two faults. She will inform management of this as well.

Everyone; please call and complain. They are very nice, and seem willing to try and respond to our concerns.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I already called

I already called about both things , They seem to agree that a software fix could be done for the agree at start up, to be only when you use navigation
My complaint about the passengers seat AIR was just a I'll file your concern. I also brought up about the passenger seat not having height adjustment, Got a that would require a major change to the structure. Funny other cars can have it . The Kia engineeres may be making to much money. They can all afford another car to take their family in, one that affords the wife a certain amount of comfort. The car is for a family not a sports car driver, so lets have the passenger seat be with some comfort for the rest of the family

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
KIA no fix

Heard from kia yesterday; they will not fix passenger seat to have air and will not sell us parts to do it. They say cars wiring is not compatible with a fix. Also don't hold your breath on changing the agree at start up. They sold us the car now it is just to bad.
I'm not looking to get the K900 anymore. The Cadenza is my 5th Kia and now my last
I'm buying the parts from Korean imports and doing it myself, screw kia

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard from kia yesterday; they will not fix passenger seat to have air and will not sell us parts to do it. They say cars wiring is not compatible with a fix. Also don't hold your breath on changing the agree at start up. They sold us the car now it is just to bad.
I'm not looking to get the K900 anymore. The Cadenza is my 5th Kia and now my last
I'm buying the parts from Korean imports and doing it myself, screw kia
when KIA basically told me the same thing, they said no fix could be done for the Agree screen to move it to the navigation section; said per their engineers the Cadenza's audio/video unit was " special " and it was designed the way it is and not able to be updated. I got the same reply about the pass. seat, and, so be it as it changed my mind about the K9 also..and I made sure they noted that.

Of interest though, they offered to do something for me to make up for my unhappiness; so I asked for them to make 2 months payments; believe it or not they agreed. They will send me a check when I send proof of payments. Now, granted, my payments are small compared to most as I only financed 7K; but, someone who gets the same "NO" answer like me and Gene should ask for a payment or two as compensation.
I still intend to file a complaint about the Agree screen on a regular basis; and, hopefully this week I will get my letter of complaint typed and sent to the KIA CEOs, and Senior PR people in CA.
I've already given this info in a review to JD Powers and Edmund's, and, advised KIA of that and will in my letter to their officers.
Who knows...squeaky wheels do still get some grease, we just have to complain louder and longer than in the old days!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts