Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received letter to have both front coils replaced at no charge due to coils breaking for no reason, I have already had both replaced in the last year or so, wonder if i will get my money back... has anyone else received this letter? I have a 2015 cadenza

· Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
33 Posts
I've not received the letter but my ears are perked! In wet conditions my front strut mounts make an awful rubbing noise. Upon investigating it (by pouring water directly onto the mounts), I found that the rubber mounts are 'skipping'/binding on the metal retaining washer. I can see this placing an undue strain on the coils. What years does the campaign cover?

To answer your question, most recall claims will have a reimbursement section- but they usually make you 'work' hard for it. I've done rental reimbursement for a warranty repair. Submission is simple but it was months and some reminders to them before a check was sent. Also, start gathering your receipts, invoices and other pertinent documentation (including proof of payment). Good luck!

· Registered
76 Posts
It's about time! I paid to have both of mine replaced, one broke under warranty and they said they wouldn't cover it because the springs just don't break, that I had to be in an accident or something (even though there was no damage to my vehicle). When the second one broke, it was outside the warranty, but for the sake of sanity, I had both replaced at the same time. 🤦🏽‍♂️

· Registered
3 Posts
15 minute inspection at dealer. Confirmed rusty springs. Ordered the springs and they advised would call when they arrived to arrange for free of charge replacement. This would make the third set on this 2015 Cadenza with only 67000 miles. Original left one broke in half while driving, cut the brake line and cut the inside of the front tire. Replaced both at my expense because they wouldn't cover it.

· Registered
46 Posts
Just received letter to have both front coils replaced at no charge due to coils breaking for no reason, I have already had both replaced in the last year or so, wonder if i will get my money back... has anyone else received this letter? I have a 2015 cadenza
I have a 2014 have not received letter, however my springs so far appear ok. I will check for rust though,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts