Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Just wondering how much of a difference I'll see with my Cadenza. It's currently using the OEM tires (Hankooks), just about 40,000 miles so far.

I'm HOPING to improve road noise and comfort.

Option 1
Pirelli*Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Option 2
Continental*PureContact with EcoPlus Technology

Would I see/hear a significant difference with these?

I've usually just purchased OEM tires for my previous cars. Just starting to pay attention to these things with the Cadenza.

·
Registered
782 Posts
First off, 40k on a set of stock tires, that's pretty long. I bet they are noisy compared to when they were new!

I don't know much about those two, but the Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires are by far the best tire I've ever owned. I had 2 sets on my last car, and a new set on this one when I hit about 20k. The sidewalls on these tires is a little stiff, so you get great performance, but still great comfort. Wet weather use is substantial control! (never used in snow, so no review there) And quiet is in their name! Trust me, on my last car I went from a good set of michelins to these and the only complaint was I could hear all the weird noises the car makes, since I couldn't hear the tires anymore.

Note, I think the 19's will be rated at 50k miles, it's 17 and below that are rated at 80k...They're a little more costly, at least mine were 18s so still a little cheaper then 19s
Bridgestone*Turanza Serenity Plus

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looking at the customer ratings of those tires you're asking about, they are highly rated. The other reason I went with the Bridgestone's is I go to Firestone and get the road hazard coverage. In my area, and even nation wide, they seem to be all over. So if I ever had a problem with them I could just drive in and get them repaired or replaced rather quickly. Problem with Pirelli for instance, sometimes hard to find a nation wide tire place that can get them same day. For me that's an important piece of mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm interesting.

I haven't noticed any issues with my current tires. I'll have to ask my gear head buddy what he thinks of the traction. No issues so far - just preparing myself for a good $900 charge.

So it seems though that these tires really can change the comfort levels and sound quality control. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I suppose the quieter the car I get, the most sensitive I get to whatever leaks through....an ever moving target.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For the *frugal* among us.....
Discount Tire Direct currently has the Ventus V12 Evo2's on sale for $435 for a set of four including shippping. (Size 245/45R18). (Extreme Performance Summer)

TireRack has them for $555 with shipping. Rated near the top in its category on Tirerack...
I ran the older version of these on my BMW 540i6 and loved them.

I have 42K on my OE Hankooks (minus 8K miles on winter tires) and they have held up well.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
My Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS are hands down the best tire I have ever owned. They beat the heck out of the stock tires the car came with, but at a hefty price. I spent $1170 to have 4 mounted, balanced and an alignment for the stock 18" rims.

The traction in rain/snow was improved significantly and the noise level dropped... and I thought there was no way the car could get quieter!

They make them in 19" as well, but expect to pay around $250/tire unless you find a great deal!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beyond upgrading to better tires next go around, is there anything else I can do to improve the noise quality of the car? (other than driving like a complete grandma <40mph)

I prefer the complete isolation :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just purchased the Pirelli*Cinturato P7 All Season Plus two weeks ago. It was a night and day difference from ever aspect of noise,ride quality and feeling.

I had 1200 miles on a new get of Hankooks the dealer put on for free and I paid to replace them and was worth the cost

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
sound deadning pads

There are sound deadening pads made to go under the carpet, and around the sides. A lot of work to install

Beyond upgrading to better tires next go around, is there anything else I can do to improve the noise quality of the car? (other than driving like a complete grandma <40mph)

I prefer the complete isolation :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Pirelli P7's on one of my other cars and they are great tires. I also had the Conti Pure contacts on my previous car and was very happy with those. TireRack is a great place for reviews as others have mentioned. I hated the Hankooks that came on my Cadenza. I could never get them balanced and they were rather disappointing as a whole. I got a fantastic deal on Michelin's for the Cadenza, I have the 19's and the difference is night and day. Good Luck with your decision. Also make sure to go with Road Force balancing when you get your tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks.

Definitely looking forward to the upgrade - my wallet isn't though :p

There are sound deadening pads made to go under the carpet, and around the sides. A lot of work to install
I did watch a few videos on youtube about that, but usually the examples were of old ford explorers or some other utility vehicle due to some rattles either from the road or a speaker upgrade.

BUt as you said, it's a LOT of work and I don't have the chops to pull anything apart :nerd

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the Pirelli P7's on one of my other cars and they are great tires. I also had the Conti Pure contacts on my previous car and was very happy with those. TireRack is a great place for reviews as others have mentioned. I hated the Hankooks that came on my Cadenza. I could never get them balanced and they were rather disappointing as a whole. I got a fantastic deal on Michelin's for the Cadenza, I have the 19's and the difference is night and day. Good Luck with your decision. Also make sure to go with Road Force balancing when you get your tires.
What is Road Force balancing?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
it adds pressure on the tire as it is balanced
Exactly, it's a more accurate balancing method. When you apply the weight of your car to a tire that isn't road force balanced you are more like to experience shaking at higher speeds because of the added pressure.

Unfortunately I believe they only Road Force up to 55mph, so anything over still has a chance to be off-balance.

I typically request they do it up to 80mph, and if I notice any wobbling higher I take them back and have them go to 110mph (some shops can't do this, I have found only one performance shop in my city can do it up to 110mph)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts