Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 Cadenza that has a satellite radio problem. The audio drops out all day long intermittently for as little as 3 seconds up to 20-30 seconds...with an "AQUIRING SIGNAL" message. From what I have been reading this is a very common problem with Kia owners. I have had satellite radio in 3 vehicles other than Kia and have NEVER had this problem. Sometimes the message will come up as an error. WTH is going on!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Take it to a dealer.
I have a cadenza, before that 2 other Kia's with sat radio, and never had a problem like that.
Mine gets good steady reception except going through a tunnel.
Works even in the city around buildings where most cars do what yours is doing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same issue; seems to be inconsistent some days no issue, some days it drops frequently. My take is that the inconsistency will make this a tricky thing to fix, but the more that report it the more attention it will get by Kia audio engineers.

I currently have a Chevrolet Impala LTZ rental (see other posts); interestingly the XM radio did the same thing to me, dropping and reconnecting. Maybe they both use the same antenna supplier or maybe its an XM problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have a GMC Yukon and I've NEVER had a problem with my satellite radio not having a signal or giving me errors. I like the **** out of my Cadenza but this is a real annoying error that I am "paying" for! I want to know how to fix it or do I just take it back to the dealership?

·
Registered
123 Posts
As soon as I get mine "repaired" from crash damage; I'm going to ask the dealer to check for tech bulletins. You should work with dealer first and then Kia consumer affairs if it isn't getting resolved.

Sometime the online tech bulletin web sites are not as complete or as current as the dealer internal (Dealer Communication System) updates. Only official recalls required to be made public and many small fixes are not shared outside the dealer network.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay good advice. I have an appointment for a systems update from the dealership today. I hope it resolves the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts