Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be a year of upsets in the large sedan segment ranking compiled by Consumer Reports. For the first time in 20 years a domestic entry has topped the list, the 2014 Chevrolet Impala.

Coming in a close second is the Kia Cadenza, which beat out the gasoline-powered Toyota Avalon. The hybrid model of the Avalon did tie the Cadenza because of its improved fuel economy over the gasoline model.

Great to see Kia doing so well in these rankings. Can't wait for the day when Kia is at the top of these lists.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those were my two finalists. The Impala is really a nice vehicle no doubt about it. I could see people choosing either one. For me, I thought the Impala felt too big, the Cadenza drove like a smaller car than it is. Of course others will prefer the bigger size of the Impala, it is the big car category afterall. I also thought the Impala interior was kind of busy, the different color stitching, the kind of two tiered dash, the shape of the instrument cluster and the swirly shape of the insets on the glove box. I prefer the Cadenza's simpler looking dash and more oval shaped instrument cluster, just more pleasing to my eye. Finally, I haven't owned a GM car in a long time but the two I owned had quality issues. I know reports are that alot has changed in that regard for GM but I am still a little gun shy. Kia has a much better warranty. Chevy says 100,000 on the powertrain but it's only 5 yrs. Unless you drive 20,000 miles a year it's only a 5 yr powertrain warranty. Kia's powertrain is 10yrs or 100,000 with a 5 yr 60,000 base warranty which gave me a little more peace of mind.

Both good cars but that's why I chose Cadenza over the Impala others will come to other conclusions since there is alot to like about both vehicles.

GoChill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts