Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the quality of Kia's electro-deposition paint jobs improved? In the past, it was well known in the painting/body repair industry that the Hyundai/Kia vehicles had fairly thin paint jobs that were easily scratched. Other complaints were "foggy" or "blotchy" metallic flake orientation. Still others have commented on the ease or lack thereof in color-matching and tinting the paint colors in the refinishing process.

Do these conditions still exist? Are those of you who own the new Cadenza happy with the texture, thickness, durability, and appearance of your paint finish? (I know that our friend Starkemann had his new black Cadenza color sanded/rubbed and coated to arrive at a dramatic finish)

Let's talk about it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
It looks good but we will see quality in a few months ....after 2 months / 3k miles it's only 1 tiny ... tiny chip on front bumper...so far so good I say...will see...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not sure yet, but I do have a small scratch on the top of my trunk lid. im not sure how it got there, but probly dealer b.c saw it the day after i got my car. Its very small and hard to see, like a surface scratch. I dont really care because i leased the car. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts