Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Cadenza Limited last night. Everyone who lives on the east coast of the US knows the weather was rainy and dreary here the night before Thanksgiving. I hated to pick it up and drive it out of the dealership garage but did not want to wait two more days to get it.
After the first day I can say that I am really happy and think I made the right decision to purchase this car. The build quality seems excellent. I came from a 2011 Kia Sportage so a lot here seems familiar to me, but in a better way. I spent the last seven years driving a SUV but had a Lexus ES 330 and VW Passat before that and this car handles like the Passat and has the quality of the Lexus.
So far the pros are the quiet cabin, handling, the beautiful luxury interior, sound system, value, and the strong engine.
The cons are the "agree" screen at every start up, headrest is just too protruding ( same issue in my 2011 Sportage but worse to the point that the rake on the Cadenza seat needs to be pushed far back to alleviate the annoyance ) and the lack of DRLs. I did notice one other little annoyance that I have yet to figure out. There is a (map?) narrow beam light on the center console that is always on. I have not figured out how to shut it off and the salesman at the Kia dealership was no help. It is more like a mood light ? I have attached a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
congratulations; you'll love the car. had mine 2 months; no other maker offers so much for the price.
that light is always on; and it is a courtesy light which lightly illuminates the cupholder area of the console.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the Limited. I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and I love it as well. Best bang for the buck. I also hate that it doesn't have DRL's and I'm looking into how to add them. That light is always on above the cup holder and feels like anything there will be beamed up at any time :).I came from a Kia Optima SX so its very similar as well except for the gas mileage. Overall love it so far :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the Headrest. Even though it does adjust fore and aft, when completly back its angled to far forward. It cramps my lower neck. Also, and I should preface that I tend to get a bit picky, but the front and rear bumper paint on mine is SUPER soft. I can deform it with my finger nail. Maybe this is for a reason, but I practice distance driving, leaving a lot of space between my car and others especially on the motorways and I have noticed several chips already. My last car I owned for 13 years has 1 or 2 hits/chips.

Other than that the car is perfect. Watch a factory KIA plant video and this explains why. Aliens and Robots that think in .5 mil. LOL

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
SteveV
Try having a 3M invisible bra put on the car. You will not even know it's there unless you look for it and it protects from all those chips and dings

·
Registered
125 Posts
congratulations; you'll love the car. had mine 2 months; no other maker offers so much for the price.
that light is always on; and it is a courtesy light which lightly illuminates the cupholder area of the console.
I was wondering what everyone paid for their cars? For the tech package and for the limited?

I will be buying soon and would like to know what others have paid.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was wondering what everyone paid for their cars? For the tech package and for the limited?

I will be buying soon and would like to know what others have paid.

Thanks! :)
..so go to the pricing section?

Reactions: Uasian
1 - 7 of 7 Posts