21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Per “MototTrend”
Cadenza and K900 dead for 2021.
Only 1265 Cadenza’s sold in 2020.
Only 395 K900’s sold in 2020.
Dont know where they are as I have not seen any. Hyundai/Kia now wants their upscale cars in their third brand, Genesis.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is sad. If they would have advertised them, even just a little bit, they might have prospered.

I've stayed away from Genesis because you pay more and get less. Fewer features, more cost. That's why I've been loyal to Kia: pay less, get more.

When my Cadenza is ready for replacement, I might still go for a used K900, or Stinger. I'm also tempted by the Alfa Giulia & Stelvio, but the interior features are lacking compared to my Cadenza.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The K8 may replace them both. It's slightly larger and more upscale than the K7/Cadenza. By getting larger and more luxurious, it's encroaching on K900 territory, so it could easily replace both.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is sad. If they would have advertised them, even just a little bit, they might have prospered.

I've stayed away from Genesis because you pay more and get less. Fewer features, more cost. That's why I've been loyal to Kia: pay less, get more.

When my Cadenza is ready for replacement, I might still go for a used K900, or Stinger. I'm also tempted by the Alfa Giulia & Stelvio, but the interior features are lacking compared to my Cadenza.
This has been a problem going back to when Hyundai dropped the Azera back in 2006...no advertising back then either. I can count on one hand and have fingers leftover, the number of commercials for the Azera or Cadenza. Hopefully, Kia will move forward with the K8. Not sure what Genesis you've looked at, but when compared to the other premium brands, you get way more for less money. It's sad, the Cadenza/Azera has really been a very nice car.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Kia-Driver is spot on. They said in all of these articles, no more for 2021 for K7 and K9. We already knew that 2021 was being passed up. The 2022 will be the next in the lineup. And of course the buzz about a K8, perfect bridge of gap for both cars, especially with the G80 taking center stage on performance. This K8 should be the weaker performer, but provide balance of value and luxury to satisfy most of us (and no need for premium fuel like the G80's). Look at what they did with the K5. Took a mundane yet popular car, and turned it into a great looking car invigorating that interest again. Don't misunderstand, i'm not saying the K5 is a replacement for the K7, it's still a tincan in the lux department. What I'm saying is, Kia has a plan, don't be discouraged, be of heightened anticipation!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm just glad Kia has no immediate plans of dropping sedans as so many other manufacturers are doing! Personally, I love sedans and I hope they stay in favor for many decades to come. When Kia/Hyundai/Genesis start making pickup trucks, then you'll know the sedan days are numbered!

Reactions: Kia-Driver

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a rumor about a full-sized pickup coming:
This is from Australia, but it may come here as well. Likely delayed due to Covid, but maybe in a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, as a person who went from a 550i GT MSPORT to the "All New, Fully Redesigned Kia K5 EX".... I can tell you from the start that the K5 is definitely not what the Optima, Cadenza or sure as Hell not the K900, ever were. Their new shiny toy was floating around on the road so much while I was driving it, that I only gave it two months of time before finally trading it back in for the 2016 Cadenza SXL that had recently been brought in locally.
I will admit that the K5, if given some more weight, could very well out perform many other cars on the market. During that two month period, I drove her just as I did the GT, 340i, and S4 over the years. Other than starting to feel her lift up at times off the road, float a little when accelerating at high speeds on freeways (not simply front end, but entirety of vehicle), and some slippage in a variety of weather conditions; plain and simply she needs more to hold her to the ground, so that great design can perform like they want it too. It's why I switched to the Cadenza instead. More weight, power, and she holds the ground better than the K5 does. Hopefully in the next year or two they adjust the K5 or rethink getting rid of the Cadenza, as she drives better and rides much more comfortably than the K5. Only having one option leaves them wide open for losses on the market; lack of manufacturing and media coverage in the past for the K7 and K9 are the only reason sales were so low. Lord knows people prefer the cost of Kias and their warranties over European repairs and rip-offs; this coming from a lifelong European car driver until recently. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am proud and love my 2017 Premium Cadenza and I'm not surprised but disappointed no more Cadenza's--on my last road trip to Santa Fe I didn't see ONE other Cadenza on the road. BTW I chose premium over limited cause it's a 1000 lbs lighter and much quicker and sportier. (I only use 87 gas and no drop in performance).

As for the new replacement in Asia, I like it's design and tail lights but do not like the copycat and frankly Ford-like grille. My fave grill is the verticle Cadenza Limited. I wanted (still do) want to change out my grille for the Limited but can find no info on if it will fit etc.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I am confused by everything you said Steven...first off, 87 is the spec, so you should be using 87 and nothing higher.

And what makes the premium 1000lbs lighter then limited? I'm pretty sure they are either the exact same weight, or only 100lbs different at most.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe it just feels 1000 lbs lighter. If you have no sunroof, that probably saves a hundred lbs and shifts the center of gravity down.
Looking at Edmunds, the Premium is 3633 lbs
The Technology & Limited are both 3770 lbs
That's a difference of 137 lbs

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are right, yes I have sunroof and when I test drove 2017 (used) Limited loaded vs. the Premium, the pick up and quickness was significantly noticeable. My roadtrips to Durango, Co and to Santa Fe were a pleasure to drive. That lumbar in seat made all the difference. I plan to hold onto this (scratch free, showroom Cadenza) for a while but what do do after that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Saw this thread again and felt sad. I'm regularly impressed by my Cadenza. It'll be sad to not have a newer one.
I occasionally run a tank of premium through mine just for the additional additives. Did it again recently and noticed that I can feel a definite performance boost and slightly better mpg on premium, so I've been running premium for the last few tankfulls.

My Sedona doesn't seem to feel any different on premium vs regular, but the Cadenza definitely does. It just feels peppier.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts