Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I live in Dubai. I have bought the new 2014 cadenza in April. ( I posted some pictures ). Today I'm 4800km. I used regular 95 fuel for the first 4000 km. now I am using 98 super.
since 1 month I started noticing 2 things :
- When braking, Exactly and always at 30km/h I can feel a vibration . the car shakes one time. it is like one beat. I can feel it in the whole car and it seems coming from the engine compartment. When the car runs at 30km/h there are no issues. only when braking from a higher speed.

- When accelerating from Idle the car takes off smoothly and constantly until it reached 60 km/h when it loses power. the engine makes louder sound and the rpm goes up. at 80km/h the car takes back power and the engine runs smoother at 2000 - 3000 rpm.
do you think there is a problem to take care of??

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Here in the USA we have the 3.3L engine in the cadenza. several other KIAs have had the 3.5L and they run better on lower octane fuel. We use 87 octane here and the engines run fine. Seems this is what the car is set to run. Only time there is a problem is when a cheap brand gas is used, Walmart or some cheap seller brand. Mobil, shell, etc. run fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dear All,

I live in Dubai. I have bought the new 2014 cadenza in April. ( I posted some pictures ). Today I'm 4800km. I used regular 95 fuel for the first 4000 km. now I am using 98 super.
since 1 month I started noticing 2 things :
- When braking, Exactly and always at 30km/h I can feel a vibration . the car shakes one time. it is like one beat. I can feel it in the whole car and it seems coming from the engine compartment. When the car runs at 30km/h there are no issues. only when braking from a higher speed.

- When accelerating from Idle the car takes off smoothly and constantly until it reached 60 km/h when it loses power. the engine makes louder sound and the rpm goes up. at 80km/h the car takes back power and the engine runs smoother at 2000 - 3000 rpm.
do you think there is a problem to take care of??

Thank you.
Sounds more like your transmission than your engine.

Reactions: Nizar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds more like your transmission than your engine.
You are right !!
now the car is 11000 km. After many visits to the local service center, one clever engineer found out the issue. it is a "jerky" down shifting. he was talking about resetting values and programming !!!
the car is in service one week now , not only for this problem. I can hear a knocking, clapping noise at take off until 40 km/h!!!!
I think I am unlucky with my Cadenza :(.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You are right !!
now the car is 11000 km. After many visits to the local service center, one clever engineer found out the issue. it is a "jerky" down shifting. he was talking about resetting values and programming !!!
the car is in service one week now , not only for this problem. I can hear a knocking, clapping noise at take off until 40 km/h!!!!
I think I am unlucky with my Cadenza :(.
Happy you got it figured out! :)

Anyone who bought an early 14 model Cadenza was an unlucky buyer. :cry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Guys!

It seems that my Cadenza is very capricious. After the jerky down shifting issue was fixed I have a strange noise at take off.
Now I'm at 14000 Km . After some drive and when the car is hot, I can hear a knocking like noise at take off below 30km/h. the noise is very clear during the first seconds of acceleration or when I keep driving at low speed forward and reverse. At neutral acceleration the engine sounds smooth and normal. when driving neutral at low speed the noise is not there. the frequency of the knocking get higher following the RPM. the noise is not metallic knocking, it sounds like a far away helicopter :confused::confused:.
After 10 days at service and replacing many parts in the engine the noise is still there !!!!
Any advice before I take it back???

Thank you all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,
Now I'm at 24000 Km and the Knocking noise is still there and getting stronger.
I have made all the possible tests to isolate the noise with the help of I friend of mine. We believe that the Flex plate is caked or loose or the Torque converter bolt is loose.
I will take next week to 25000km service and I will oblige them to check the transmission which they didn't suspect till now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do tell. Mine seems perfect. How early is early? Build dates?
If you find yourself with only a ventilated drivers seat then you have an early version, which was outdated before the year 2014 hit, as they had put better technology and equipment in the car to include dual ventilated seats, a better cruise control system with less bugs, and much more.

This is why I immediately got rid of mine early in 2014, the $5000 loss was worth my piece of mind knowing I don't have to get dicked down by Kia ever again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you find yourself with only a ventilated drivers seat then you have an early version, which was outdated before the year 2014 hit, as they had put better technology and equipment in the car to include dual ventilated seats, a better cruise control system with less bugs, and much more.

This is why I immediately got rid of mine early in 2014, the $5000 loss was worth my piece of mind knowing I don't have to get dicked down by Kia ever again.
Drivers seat is the only on ventilated. No Cruise Control or any other problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Drivers seat is the only on ventilated. No Cruise Control or any other problems.
Good for you, that does not change that your car is not worth as much as later 2014 models due to lack of features, and functionality. An educated buyer will not buy a early 2014 model unless it is marked down significantly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good for you, that does not change that your car is not worth as much as later 2014 models due to lack of features, and functionality. An educated buyer will not buy a early 2014 model unless it is marked down significantly.
Besides the passenger seat ventilation, which was on another Cadenza I looked at that was built two months later, what "features and functionality" am I missing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts