Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member to the forum. 95% sure to buy a Cadenza in the next few months. Currently own a 2010 VW Sportwagon TDI, which VW will be buying back hopefully in the fall (dieselgate). It was a great car until it hit 90K, now just falling apart around me. The buy back couldn't come to soon.

Anyway, will find myself with $14-16k in my pocket but in need of a reliable vehicle. Prior car was a 2005 ford 500. Miss the size and comfort so very interested in the Cadenza. I see 2014s are readily available but not too many 2015s around. Don't think I can foot the price or depreciation on a new one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw on another post. That there were earlier and later Builds on the 2 0 14 model. Can anyone explain what the differences are and the dates I should look for on the manufacturing label to get to later model. My understanding is the later builds are better vehicles.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome. These are good cars and you will find more 14s because they are coming off lease. I have a '14 and I love it, pretty sure I'm going to buy it in March when my lease is up. Few problems here and there but overall a solid car and tons of features for the money. Now should be a good time to get a new car, they are trying to clear inventory before the new redesigned 2017 Cadenza comes out. The Cadenza really packs in a lot of bang for your buck, just realize this is Kia's first steps into the "luxury" market, so don't expect perfection. Fit and form are nice but not quite what "real" luxury car badges bring to the table. There are some small flaws but honestly nothing I wouldn't buy my car out for yet. I suggest you look through the forums and see what problems have come up and see if you would be ok with them. We are a very small group so the sample size is skewed. We will try to help you any way we can.

Hoyster, there are several threads on this that can help you with this info, I only tell you that because I have forgotten some of the features. The date that you are looking for is going to be October of '13 build. If it is after October it will be in line with everything hat is supposed to be in the vehicle. Pre 10/13 builds are missing a few features. The biggest feature that I know of that is missing with pre 10/13 vehicles is the passenger cooled seat. There were a few other really small things I think but that was the only one I'm aware of. I heard rumors of (don't quote me on this) original owners of pre 10/13 SXL models were able to somehow get their passenger seat cooled, when I asked my Preferred rep she said no but I don't have an SXL, who knows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info SH. Sounds like the build date is only a concern on the luxury trim.
The ventilated seats would be awesome since I live in FL. Only available on the SLX? I think the main option that intrigues me is the adaptive cruise control, although the TFT gauges seem like a plus.

I find that dealer sites aren't very good at actually showing the options on a vehicle. I realize they are geared to get features out there to the uninformed, but its frustrating to look through all the ABS, airbags, traction control, power windows, heated seats, etc. stuff, that all Cadenzas have, to actually find the differences between similar vehicles. The main option I'd like to have is the adaptive cruise control. I generally find that I have to scour through pictures to find a view of the left dash panel to see what buttons are there. Is the adaptive cruise only available with the larger TFT, and if so, do all TFT vehicles have the adaptive cruise. I'm not sure if adaptive cruise is part of the lux or tech packages, or if it was a standalone. Most dealer sites don't tell if a car has the lux or tech, and there are many premium trims without the adaptive.

·
Registered
796 Posts
No, the TFT I believe is part of the Tech package. There were several different naming conventions between early 14s and even now. There didn't use to be a "base" model, there was just Premium (what I have) and the "Luxury" (SXL). I have the Tech package on mine which includes things like the vented seats, leg extension, rear sunshade, and a few other things that I don't remember. The other package that I could get (but did not want) may have been the Luxury package or something, I don't know what it was called, but THAT package came with the adaptive cruise, lane keeping, etc... I didn't want any of that. With both packages (my car was made in 5/13 so no cooled passenger for me) there are only a few things missing between the SXL and Premium AT THAT TIME. Mainly the hydrophobic glass, different color interior options (white) with suede (imitation) roof lining, LED fogs, and few other things that again, I forgot.

The moral of this should be: Things changed several times (at least 3 that I know of) in just the '14 models, they changed again slightly in '15 and '16 as they do often. Unfortunately Kia did a bad job handling this and put features that would ULTIMATELY be on those vehicles on the stickers. They were advertised as having those features even if they didn't have them, sometimes if you were lucky they would be crossed out on the window sticker. I didn't realize my passenger seat wasn't cooled until after I signed and was starting to drive off (got jerked around at 1 dealer, saw car I wanted and told other dealer I wanted that and what my payments would be, there's a whole thread on this). You need to go to a dealer and SEE the car, inspect it. The month/year it was built is inside the driver door in the door jam, check it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live just north of you close to Daytona Beach. I have a 2014 SXL, smoky blue coming off lease the first of the year. It only has 10,800 miles on it, perfect condition. It is available anytime between now and February at lease buy out cost. I believe any Kia dealer could handle the sale. There's pictures of it in the gallery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll be looking for the tech package also. Lane keeping and all that doesn't thrill me, although the adaptive cruise might take the scare out of being a passenger when the wife is driving. She loves to "drive by cruise". I never use cruise as I feel it takes control away from me. The moon roof will only be had if its on the car, a problem waiting to happen from past experience. I'll definitely look for the later build, as it sounds like there may have been an evolution during the year.

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think the sunroof may have also been part of the tech package but not sure. You may also want to check on that. Also if you are looking at dealer cars see if it has had TSB148 handled on the car, that is a noise when you start the car up, sounds like some metal shaking around. It's the cam timing tensioner or something similar. Nothing major, it just sounds nasty and Kia will fix it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I finally turned the VW in this morning, and am still looking to get into a Cadenza. Actually looking at 2015s this weekend. Hopefully, VW will have the money in my account by Friday. Is everyone still happy with their Cadenza?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, I finally turned the VW in this morning, and am still looking to get into a Cadenza. Actually looking at 2015s this weekend. Hopefully, VW will have the money in my account by Friday. Is everyone still happy with their Cadenza?

I have two, my wife has a black on tan with lux package 2014, and I have a smoky blue with tech and lux PKG and white leather package, and these are hand down the best vehicles I have ever owned and in my opinion, used there is not a better car for the money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your in Stuart, not to far from Daytona. I'm turning in my 2014 Limited/Ultimate, smoky blue/Gray, and it only has 11k miles on it. Great looking and driving car. You can see pictures in the gallery, it's about 7 to 8 cars down from the top. You will be able to see it at Daytona Kia in a couple of weeks, they will probably certify it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Your in Stuart, not to far from Daytona. I'm turning in my 2014 Limited/Ultimate, smoky blue/Gray, and it only has 11k miles on it. Great looking and driving car. You can see pictures in the gallery, it's about 7 to 8 cars down from the top. You will be able to see it at Daytona Kia in a couple of weeks, they will probably certify it.
If that's a lease you could always transfer it to him if you are comfortable with that :p

I love my Cadenza. I think I'm going to purchase mine here next month at the end of my lease. I will be losing the entirety of my down payment but I plan on keeping it for a while :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.