Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Cadenza 2014 (25k miles on it)

I live in Loudoun County, VA which has a lot of new developments popping up. I'm basically driving through a forest 90% of the time according to my GPS.

I'd like to upgrade it. I'll have to see what the dealerships would like to charge me...but it's probably going to be bs.

As long as I select the VG_MTS. option, does this look like a legit alternative?

2014 KIA Cadenza Map Update - Map Updates

I suppose I could just buy it from that site then follow a tutorial here or on youtube to make sure it's properly installed.

Below is an image of my head unit - as you see....it's REALLY out of date

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased my Cadenza in February, and because it was CPO, I went to the dealer and complained that the GPS info was out of date. They agreed and updated the maps for no charge. I don't expect to get any future updates at no charge, but I recommend pushing your service manager to do "what's right" and provide you with the most current update. IMHO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may or not be an option. I'll try.

Assuming it's not, what are my options if I have to take matters into my own hands?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just got that one for 189 myself. it's a straight forward install...nothing you really have to do but follow the instructions that come with it, and have enough gas to run the car for about 15-20 minutes.'

Take note, your software ver is VG_MTS , you'll need that during the order, as there are two options, the other won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts