Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from a trip the other day and noticed the little black button on my driver's door handle for keyless entry had fallen out - not even sure how it's possible. Hadn't had any issues with it and didn't appear loose or broken. It's a 2017 Cadenza - anybody had this issue. Wondering if covered under warranty or if there is a way to buy just the button. Thank you in advance for any advice. Paul

·
Registered
741 Posts
Could be a vandal just pulled it out. Likely wouldn't take much, kids come up with the weirdest $h!+ to mess with on cars. I've always thought in the back of my head, what if someone cut or tore out that button...for it to be covered under warranty it would have to be obvious manufactures issue. One other thing to note, some parts of the car are not covered by the 60k/5 year. Things like the Nav screen and radio components like speakers and amps, not covered by that warranty, their's ends at 36k/3 years. Most of your cosmetic exterior stuff typically ends at 36k/3 years too, makes me think the button might be in that realm. Extended warranty might cover some of it past a certain point, but that's a different agreement. Point being, don't be supersized by the fine print. But that said, if they dealership comes right out and says there's no way that just fell out on it's own, then you are on your own for repair.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The way I "think" it's designed, I don't see how it could fall out or be taken out from the outside. I "think" it only goes in from the inside of the handle. I also think it should be covered under the 5yr/60k warranty.

At around 52k miles on my car the rear driver's door handle had a rubber O-ring type part come loose and would cause the handle to not return (close) all the way which in turn would not allow that door to lock with the power locks. My dealership replaced the part, fixed the handle under warranty. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got home from a trip the other day and noticed the little black button on my driver's door handle for keyless entry had fallen out - not even sure how it's possible. Hadn't had any issues with it and didn't appear loose or broken. It's a 2017 Cadenza - anybody had this issue. Wondering if covered under warranty or if there is a way to buy just the button. Thank you in advance for any advice. Paul
Mine falls off all the time and it scares me because I am afraid that I won't hear it drop and I won't be able to operate the car without it. I am trying to figure out a contraption to keep it secure. I am surprised that more people aren't having this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine falls off all the time and it scares me because I am afraid that I won't hear it drop and I won't be able to operate the car without it. I am trying to figure out a contraption to keep it secure. I am surprised that more people aren't having this issue.
Hi there - thanks for the response - I do see a lot of folks talking about this online. What does it look like when it falls out - what's supposed to keep it in? I had an Optima before my Cadenza and never had any issue - I would think it would have something pretty significant that would keep it in. Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way I "think" it's designed, I don't see how it could fall out or be taken out from the outside. I "think" it only goes in from the inside of the handle. I also think it should be covered under the 5yr/60k warranty.

At around 52k miles on my car the rear driver's door handle had a rubber O-ring type part come loose and would cause the handle to not return (close) all the way which in turn would not allow that door to lock with the power locks. My dealership replaced the part, fixed the handle under warranty. Just food for thought.
I see a lot of folks complaining online that their came up missing. I used it to get into my car at a gas station and when I got home it was gone - it simply fell out on its own. I can't seem to find any diagrams in regards to how it is designed - but it apparently can come out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your car is still under warranty, it should be covered. I had the same problem but I just used a little dab of super glue and it's been holding just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts