Kia Cadenza Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Limited having hydrophobic properties?
My understanding on the hydrophobic window is its only on the side windows and not windshield. I could be wrong.
So check this out. Thursday night before I went to bed I dumped a cup of water over the windshield and watched what happened. The water ran down the window like it had rain x on it, it all gathered and went down little streams.
When I was driving home on Friday after the replacement, that water didn't move on the windshield and it was raining HARD!
I was sitting in a parking lot Saturday and took a picture of the rain on the windshield and this is what it loos like. I swear the OEM windshield made the water run off.
If someone wants to try it themselves and see if it looks like these pictures, that would be great. I was holding on this this as a complaint because this replacement windshield does not drain water the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Nope, never used anything but water and the fluid under the hood.
But I gotta a call from Safelite and they told me they ordered the new windshield directly from South Point KIA today for an OEM windshield!! That makes me happy.
I clean my windows with Invisible Glass cleaner, then follow up with the RainX window cleaner, so all my windows are water repellent. I also get my mirrors, and lights all the way around to help prevent condensation build up during our humid steam filled nights...

Congratz on the OEM WindShield, hopefully it goes in easy and you can close this chapter of the car ownership experience.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have waxed my windshield before but that was quite a while ago. I use rain-x washer fluid maybe that is doing it? Either way, water streams off my windshield on my Premium... always has (noticed it because I was really impressed when I got the car).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bringing back an OLD thread.

Back in 2010, I damaged the windshield of my 2009 Genesis. Wanted only an OEM Windshield. My Hyundai Dealer uses a glass company they always use. Had dealer order an OEM windshield. (Did not care if I had to pay above what my insurance would pay as I wanted OEM, so I made a deal with dealer to pay them the difference).
Dealer ordered windshield. It came in a large cardboard package that said HYUNDAI on both sides of package. Glass guy installed windshield. Paid dealer the difference. Was happy as a lark.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bitter...you most definitely do NOT want to offer that for the Cadenza! You'll be sorry. The windshield is $1500! And there is no aftermarket option. Don't believe me, it's happened to me and many others, just do a little search and you'll see. Believe me, let the insurance pay for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bitter...you most definitely do NOT want to offer that for the Cadenza! You'll be sorry. The windshield is $1500! And there is no aftermarket option. Don't believe me, it's happened to me and many others, just do a little search and you'll see. Believe me, let the insurance pay for it.
Correct. With the adaptive cruise control and all the "fancy" options built in to the OEM windshield, there is no aftermarket option, you must use OEM and have all of the options re calibrated for warranty. Safelite at first said they had to use an aftermarket windshield but they soon found out they couldn't and insurance coughed up for the Hyundai/Kia original,

21 - 30 of 30 Posts