Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cadenza and in 2019 with under 60k miles I took it into the shop due to a noise coming from the front driver's side. They came out and told me that the coil spring was cracked and that I must've hit something hard to do that. I looked at him in disbelief because that was the ONLY thing wrong. There was no damage to any other part of the suspension. Of course they dismissed the idea of any warranty covering it, so I paid to fix it. Moving forward to 2021 (just under 80k miles), I hear a noise coming from the passenger side, take it to the shop and once again, broken coil spring. The mechanic was dumbfounded because that was, once again, the only damage found. Well, this time I got both springs replaced and with the mileage on the car, the struts and lower control arms were replaced as well. I've contacted Kia customer service to lodge a complaint because this is their own parts failing (only place they could get factory spec springs was through Kia. I guess we shall see how this turns out.

·
Registered
783 Posts
There was a thread or two about that here, it's actually more common then you would expect. I believe it was associated or presumed to be a bad lot of the springs, in that the manufacturing of them there were flaws that caused them to crack. The first one should have been covered under warranty, The dealership did you wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow? twice? at least you got struts and control arms replaced as well. i would lodge a complaint if i had something similar happen - that doesnt sound right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a thread or two about that here, it's actually more common then you would expect. I believe it was associated or presumed to be a bad lot of the springs, in that the manufacturing of them there were flaws that caused them to crack. The first one should have been covered under warranty, The dealership did you wrong.
Yeah, I was shocked by the whole thing to be honest. Even the new service manager said he was shocked when I presented everything to him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow? twice? at least you got struts and control arms replaced as well. i would lodge a complaint if i had something similar happen - that doesnt sound right.
Yeah, twice. The first time, they only replaced the bad one. This second time, I got both of them replaced and I currently have a complaint open with Kia customiser service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Cadenza and in 2019 with under 60k miles I took it into the shop due to a noise coming from the front driver's side. They came out and told me that the coil spring was cracked and that I must've hit something hard to do that. I looked at him in disbelief because that was the ONLY thing wrong. There was no damage to any other part of the suspension. Of course they dismissed the idea of any warranty covering it, so I paid to fix it. Moving forward to 2021 (just under 80k miles), I hear a noise coming from the passenger side, take it to the shop and once again, broken coil spring. The mechanic was dumbfounded because that was, once again, the only damage found. Well, this time I got both springs replaced and with the mileage on the car, the struts and lower control arms were replaced as well. I've contacted Kia customer service to lodge a complaint because this is their own parts failing (only place they could get factory spec springs was through Kia. I guess we shall see how this turns out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I hope Kia warranty covered your car. The same thing happened to me. The first spring broke, it took 2 weeks to fix. I was told it was a defect and was covered under warranty. The day after getting it from dealer I drove the car from NY to NC. The day after getting to NC the other side started making the same noise. Took it to a dealer there. The other spring was broken. The parts were back ordered. It took 3 months to get my car fixed and to get reimbursed for the rental that I had. I had about 35,000 miles on the car at the time. Not a fan of this car. Too many other issues too

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this is an old thread but I hope Kia warranty covered your car. The same thing happened to me. The first spring broke, it took 2 weeks to fix. I was told it was a defect and was covered under warranty. The day after getting it from dealer I drove the car from NY to NC. The day after getting to NC the other side started making the same noise. Took it to a dealer there. The other spring was broken. The parts were back ordered. It took 3 months to get my car fixed and to get reimbursed for the rental that I had. I had about 35,000 miles on the car at the time. Not a fan of this car. Too many other issues too
Sorry to hear you had the same issue. You were lucky, I had to come out of pocket to replace mine. The first time out cost me about $500. The second time, because I got both replaced (for peace of mind), new struts and lower control arms, it cost me about $2700. Outside of that, I haven't had any other issues with this car. I currently have 101k miles on it and it still runs like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear you had the same issue. You were lucky, I had to come out of pocket to replace mine. The first time out cost me about $500. The second time, because I got both replaced (for peace of mind), new struts and lower control arms, it cost me about $2700. Outside of that, I haven't had any other issues with this car. I currently have 101k miles on it and it still runs like new.
Im sorry they didn't cover it or reimburse you but I'm glad to hear you're not having other issues! My windshield leaks and if you push on windshield it pops out. Numerous A/C problems and other things.. Hopefully I'll get everything rectified and she will last me another 50,000 miles like yours!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sorry they didn't cover it or reimburse you but I'm glad to hear you're not having other issues! My windshield leaks and if you push on windshield it pops out. Numerous A/C problems and other things.. Hopefully I'll get everything rectified and she will last me another 50,000 miles like yours!
I did have the issue with the windshield leaking, but a window shop took care of it and it only cost me $50. Then a few months later a rock chip caused me to have to replace the whole thing. No car is ever perfect, but this one has been great. It's been one of my favorites to own so far. I wish you luck with yours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts