Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Browny,

...please give us all the details! What do you like most about it?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm a huge car guy, done big trucks, Prerunner style pathfinder, mazdaspeed 6 tuned to 427hp, and currently have an 89 corvette and a jeep JKU that's a rock crawler for a jeep club I run. Had the 2011 optima for my wife but drove it a good amount myself. I drive further to work. We live a mile from her job. I've grew up with a father that drove BMW's and Audi's. I know refinement and ill tell you what. The car is done right. The comfort of this car is something else. When you flip it into manual mode the paddle shifters shift flawlessly and the 3.3 gets **** spirited. I would have done all wheel drive if I was kia but I'm assuming cost and weight wasn't worth it. It's a head turner for sure. Everyone ask us what it is. Just got it tinted and on the pearl white it looks amazing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow, That's pretty high praise, and from a guy who obviously has some perspective on cars. I look forward to hearing more as you get more driving time. Are you planning any mods? I know the Optima guys are actively modding. It will be interesting to see how much in the way of performance and upgrade mods become available for the K7 platform.

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, That's pretty high praise, and from a guy who obviously has some perspective on cars. I look forward to hearing more as you get more driving time. Are you planning any mods? I know the Optima guys are actively modding. It will be interesting to see how much in the way of performance and upgrade mods become available for the K7 platform.

John
The optima was the base and I never felt the need to mod something that was for gas mileage. And honestly there really isnt anything out there for the cadenza prob due to the fact it comes so loaded up. I I ow over seas they mod them but I'm pretty **** satisfied with it. I might get a AEM dry filter if they make one. Maybe different wheels down the road but those OEM wheels are pretty **** good looking. They did there homework on those car that's for sure

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree, Browny...the car is as close to being satisfactory (I wanted to say "perfect", but is any car?) for anyone that it would be hard to determine where it could be improved. Aside from AWD it should fit everyone's needs pretty well. I guess I'm thinking of LED lighting or just individualizing it for personal taste. I think there will eventually be some suppliers who will provide "gingerbread" stuff at least, if not serious performances mods. I guess the other side of the coin is that this is more of a "comfort" car, and not so much a sporty one.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

John

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase!!! I agree with your sentiments exactly!

If your mod friendly, be on the lookout for our Cadenza on coilovers and Vossen wheels. Pics to come soon!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Let me know how the coilovers ride compared to stock
100x better.

Adjustable ride height, adjustable stiffening/dampening rates.

Let me put it like this... Once you've owned a car on coilovers, you will never again be able to be 1) stock and 2) have anything less (such as springs).

Even the head tech at my local dealership, when they test drove my optima, after putting in a 3rd brand new motor complimented me on how comfortable and well my car drove despite being on 20's with extremely low-pro tires and lowered ~3.5" from stock. Add to that that I have a front strut tower bar, rear sway bar, and sub-frame bushings installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts