Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried opening the boot by pressing the key fob button and nothing happens, I tried the button on the console and again nothing unlocks...what am I doing wrong? All doors were unlocked each time . Help

·
Registered
115 Posts
Push down on the trunk with your left hand as you push the trunk release above the license plate on the right. You likely just have a stuck latch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
when you say the button on the console, do you refer to the trunk release switch on the lower dash driver's side next to the gas cap button?

also, I think you have to press and hold the trunk button on the fob for it to unlock; I don't think a quick pressing will do it.

good luck!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
look in manual on page 4/10. You have a trunk (boot) lock feature. In the glove box there is a switch which must be in the on position or the only way to open the trunk is with the key.
This is a nice feature if you use valet parking. lock your valuables in the trunk take the key from the fob and no one can get in the trunk

·
Registered
22 Posts
He is talking about the trunk. Well I had the same problem. What happened was that there is a trunk lock out switch in the glove compartment when you open it up it is on the upper leading edge. Just push it in. It is easy to hit by accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts