Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Door Dings

Thanks for sharing this info. I contacted CARID and tried to get some info from the sales rep. I got the impression she was reading off of a script and didn't really know the product. She immediately asked me what was my paint number code and what color I wanted the trim painted. I purposely have been parking out to avoid the drama but as you all know, sometimes parking out draws more attention to the vehicle and their are jerks who are jealous or just A-holes that will park close to you or roll carts into your car. My car being black needs some protection but I don't want to cheapen the look. I hope some others have some ideas on this subject. As I read the website, the product appears to be a do it yourself thing and I want mine on there with a precision look, not my 54yo eyes messing it up. Maybe I should check with a body shop to see if they have ideas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and ordered the Dawn molding through Sportwing. I got the one that does not have the chrome insert in it from here https://sportwing.com/Kia-Cadenza-Body-Side-Moldings-2014-FE-CADENZA
I had a similar product on my 2011 black Sportage.. It came painted exactly to the factory black color and looked stock on the car.. I took that one to a local body shop to install but after viewing the You Tube video on installation which Sportwing has on their site it really is a DIY job if you want it to be.
My new Cadenza Limited is also black and I will let you know how the color matches when I get it. I know my Sportage was saved from a few of those ugly looking car parking lot dings by having the molding on the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the Dawn molding through Sportwing. I got the one that does not have the chrome insert in it from here https://sportwing.com/Kia-Cadenza-Body-Side-Moldings-2014-FE-CADENZA
I had a similar product on my 2011 black Sportage.. It came painted exactly to the factory black color and looked stock on the car.. I took that one to a local body shop to install but after viewing the You Tube video on installation which Sportwing has on their site it really is a DIY job if you want it to be.
My new Cadenza Limited is also black and I will let you know how the color matches when I get it. I know my Sportage was saved from a few of those ugly looking car parking lot dings by having the molding on the car.
Please let me know how it goes. I have a black one also, and noticed a big door ding on the drivers side.:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received the molding yesterday. The black color matches fine. It does not seem to have much of the pearl effect in the paint, but at only 1.25" wide I can't imagine it being noticed by anyone. What would be noticed is a couple of dings if I ever had the misfortune to get them. I am going to have my local guy install it for me next week. I will post a couple of photos when I get it installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome RoadRunner_Calms. Excited to see the photos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post a couple of shots after it is installed. I hope to have it done next weekend. Between my body shop being busy, and the weather being awful this weekend I have not been able to get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts