Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 cadenza that I bought with 1750 miles in 2018, after an ice/hail/sleet storm here in Arkansas and the car sitting for 3 days without being touched I found that the roof panel has a 5 inch crack that a body shop told me was Bondo, it looks like the roof is thin and the material is a yellowish color, so the question I have is what material is the top panel made of, I thought some type of metal or at least fiberglass, there is no stranding like fiberglass in the break
Cloud Automotive tire Tire Road surface Wood

Automotive tire Hood Cloud Road surface Grey

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Either way, that's a comprehensive insurance claim. Most people have very little to $0 deductible for comprehensive since it's so cheap. I would take it to a very trustworthy and competent body shop for their evaluation and complete fix.
I have a 2017 cadenza that I bought with 1750 miles in 2018, after an ice/hail/sleet storm here in Arkansas and the car sitting for 3 days without being touched I found that the roof panel has a 5 inch crack that a body shop told me was Bondo, it looks like the roof is thin and the material is a yellowish color, so the question I have is what material is the top panel made of, I thought some type of metal or at least fiberglass, there is no stranding like fiberglass in the break View attachment 7846
View attachment 7847
Update
It is an insurance claim, the body shop peeled the Bondo off and this was the initial look underneath, it’s going to require a dent removal that was under the Bondo along with original paint under original repair, this damage was likely done shipping from Korea to US when car was new, not showing up on car fax since it was new I guess, pictures to follow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just because it wasn't on the car fax, doesn't mean it wasn't done by an owner with a private deal. Not all shops will report the damage especially if it's not insurance. I highly doubt that Kia did this from the manufacture...at least that's my theory.
I agree with you but the original roof rain rails were both equally paint cracked so since the car only had 1750 miles on it and one year old the repairs would have had to be done very early in its life, because to make that repair the roof rail had to be replaced, and since the repaired side was cracked as much as the other side. kia replaced those with unpainted ones, no matter it’s all fixed now

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That work couldn't have been done at a professional shop. They didn't bother to sand down to the bare metal to give the bondo a surface to adhere to. I hate it when people do half-assed work like that. Sorry you're the one that has to deal with it. I hope the people you take it to will take care of it correctly.
Exactly, it’s all good now, most of the top was sanded to the metal, pulled the dent and made it pretty again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.