Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cadenza, I still hace the original battery, it will be 6 years old in december, I know I am pressing my luck, Can a regular mechanix shop replace the battery without any complications, or does this have to be a dealer thing...Appreciate any advice from the forum members, Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nothing special required. I replaced the battery in my 2015 Cadenza myself with one purchased from Advanced Auto. Save yourself $$ and have one of the national chain auto parts stores change it for free. Go online and look for coupons for places like Advanced Auto, I used Retail Me Not and got 30% OFF the price of the battery.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just replaced (died litterly overnight) my battery last week in my 2014. I did almost exactly what Rob above said. I researched online local stores to find who had what, found Napa only had a junk quality battery (unusual for them) and Auto Zone and Advance Auto carried the same (decent quality) battery but after discounts ended up being more than $30 cheaper at Auto Zone. I jumped my car to get it to started, drove to the store, made sure they had it on the shelf before I turned off the car. The guy came out with the battery and some tools on a little cart and 10 minutes later, I had a new battery installed for free! Absolutely painless!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Check out Batteries plus. They will test and install if you're not comfortable with doing this yourself. Much better experience then and an auto parts store. Had a friends vehicle with the 2 battery start stop system, they were able to get that tested/replaced with no additional charge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing special required. I replaced the battery in my 2015 Cadenza myself with one purchased from Advanced Auto. Save yourself $$ and have one of the national chain auto parts stores change it for free. Go online and look for coupons for places like Advanced Auto, I used Retail Me Not and got 30% OFF the price of the battery.
Thanks for the advice, I was just worried abot the computer going haywire when you disconnected the battery and replaced with a new one one, Ive done batteries throughout the years but was worried about the electronics losing all info and having to go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out Batteries plus. They will test and install if you're not comfortable with doing this yourself. Much better experience then and an auto parts store. Had a friends vehicle with the 2 battery start stop system, they were able to get that tested/replaced with no additional charge.
Thanks Madmax

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I had mine changed for free at Auto Zone, the guy plugged into the ODBII port with a portable battery pack that kept all the car's electronics powered up. I didn't lose any settings for seats, radio stations, maps, etc. It was like nothing happened at all...except I now had a new battery that I didn't even get my hands dirty replacing! Honestly the best battery replacement experience I've ever had and I've replaced (myself and had others do it too) many, many dozens of them over my 35+ years of driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just replaced (died litterly overnight) my battery last week in my 2014. I did almost exactly what Rob above said. I researched online local stores to find who had what, found Napa only had a junk quality battery (unusual for them) and Auto Zone and Advance Auto carried the same (decent quality) battery but after discounts ended up being more than $30 cheaper at Auto Zone. I jumped my car to get it to started, drove to the store, made sure they had it on the shelf before I turned off the car. The guy came out with the battery and some tools on a little cart and 10 minutes later, I had a new battery installed for free! Absolutely painless!
I will check autozone theyre right nearby me... Thanks again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I had mine changed for free at Auto Zone, the guy plugged into the ODBII port with a portable battery pack that kept all the car's electronics powered up. I didn't lose any settings for seats, radio stations, maps, etc. It was like nothing happened at all...except I now had a new battery that I didn't even get my hands dirty replacing! Honestly the best battery replacement experience I've ever had and I've replaced (myself and had others do it too) many, many dozens of them over my 35+ years of driving.
Autozone it is, thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts