Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '14 Cadenza and the only thing I'm not loving about it right now is the fact that the backup camera only has the straight guidelines. Is there a software upgrade that can give it turning guidelines?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's the same for the '15. That surprised me since my '12 Sonata has the lines that curve with the steering wheel. It looks like maybe you only get that on the Limited Cadenzas, which have the surround camera option.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Was not an option for the '14. I doubt you could get any sort of software upgrade that would include that feature, only recent map updates are available. Also, I've not heard of anyone doing any sort of aftermarket work on our cars software so no luck there either.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Times I've actually used my backup camera for long range backing up are very rare. I mostly use it in the last couple inches looking for the parking line, or the outside line of the garage as i'm centering the car closer to the where the door will be before parking. I never actually use it for the full length backup, I always rotate my head with one arm on the passenger seat, or use the mirrors. I love that the mirrors tilt down, had that for years in other cars, and used that for finding curbs and lines again, to center the car. It is actually a deal breaker if I test drive a car and find out it doesn't have that feature.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I wouldn't imagine it could, it's just a screen overlay. If you back up before Uvo boots fully you'll notice there are no lines.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have noticed that on occasion. No lines gives a clearer picture of what's behind (briefly, then the lines show up). I sometimes wish there were no lines at all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have noticed that on occasion. No lines gives a clearer picture of what's behind (briefly, then the lines show up). I sometimes wish there were no lines at all.
I'd much rather have the lines that bend. They are very helpful when needing to make close quarters adjustments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts