Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not 100% sure my auto defrost is working correctly. Certainly, it does kick in sometimes but not always when I have the car in the auto mode .I find by adjusting the temperature helps, but not always . Have any of you had similar experiences or am I doing something wrong ?

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I am not 100% sure my auto defrost is working correctly. Certainly, it does kick in sometimes but not always when I have the car in the auto mode .I find by adjusting the temperature helps, but not always . Have any of you had similar experiences or am I doing something wrong ?

Are you trying to get rid of fog, or ice? The auto-defroster only works for inside condensation - the plastic cover to the right of the rear view mirror (passenger side) is the sensor that controls the auto-defrost. According to the manual, an indicator will illuminate (assume in the dash) that says "Auto" with a pic of the front windshield. I don't think I've ever seen this, but it's in my manual (Page 4-126 of the '14 manual).

For ice, it looks like it has to be manual only - press the front defrost button, and change temp to hottest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.