Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another questions for new Cadenza owners...

Does the angle at which the headrests are set bother you, i.e., does it constantly touch the back of your head to the point that it is annoying or distracting. I'm wondering if the stanchions can be heated and bent just a couple of degrees to minimize the forward position of the rest itself.

I'm just wondering if this is only bothersome to a few, or is it unanimous and something Kia should look into. It may be that it is a safety issue and the government (our mother) is just watching out for us...

John

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoGo

Maybe we are "spoiled" by the old-school headrests or even earlier when there were no headrests at all. I guess you are right, if you get used to the fact that it is actually a security/safety issue you would eventually not even notice it.

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think it's comfortable unless you drive absolutely smooth road as you feel all vibrations on your head and on long drive it really doesn't help...and again it depends on your chair position and your anatomy...
I just make angle a little lower and it solves problem for now...will see how it works in winter when you have more cloth.

If they want to make constant contact with your head (and not just a safety) then headrest material should be twice softer to reduce vibration transition...but don't you felt asleep then...
...even on BMW 750 (where headrest was much softer with adjustable sides) I didn't find it relaxing on long drive...hopefully it was enough adjustable to avoid contact with your head completely...yeahh that seat was amazing even S600 doesn't stay close

·
Registered
40 Posts
John, I think Aloukienko has a point with anatomy. I don't feel the headrest when driving only when I move my head back one or two inches which works for me. Being only 5'10" I sit with the seat in the most upright position with back perpendicular to the seat and thigh cushion at the half way point.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starkemann,

Well, you are of pretty much average height, so that's probably what they had in mind when they designed it. Like Andrei also pointed out, some people like the "lowrider" stance with the seat back reclined quite a bit, and others like to have the back more upright to be closer to the steering wheel, etc. I have read that the optimal position is to stretch you arm in front of you and have the wheel hit at your wrist. I suppose the position of seat adjustment has a lot to do with this headrest thing as well. I'm six foot even, so my situation is similar to yours.

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
John, I think Aloukienko has a point with anatomy. I don't feel the headrest when driving only when I move my head back one or two inches which works for me. Being only 5'10" I sit with the seat in the most upright position with back perpendicular to the seat and thigh cushion at the half way point.
I don't have any issue with my anatomy... Speak for yourself

·
Registered
122 Posts
John,
I just want to point that my daughter with perfect body ...and neck.. complains the same with upright seat position...even though IT HAS 4 SETTINGS...none of them is good enough when seat is upright...however it's ok when you set it back a little.

Whole point is that you can go and test-drive it with knowledge what to pay attention to. I hope it would work perfect for your body in any seat position...we are all different..after all :)

Andrei

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Andrei!

This is good info for all that are looking to buy the car. I'm pretty sure I can live with it, but since it's been mentioned it is worth looking into and putting it out there for conversation. That's what we're all here for, right? To learn about these great cars with their small "idiosyncrasies". (....and all cars have them)

Thanks, dude!

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts