Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on the Optima Forums, the guys are replacing the stock horns with PIAAs and then putting the original stock horns in place of the stock alarm horns.

Do the Cadenza horns suffer from anemia as well? Would the PIAA modification be one that should be considered if one prefers a more authoritative/robust horn sound?

I hope those of you that already have taken the leap are enjoying their new rides!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
honking the horn was one of the first things I did unintentionally when taking it for a test drive and i have to say it does suit the car although it's not the best sounding horn to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely a disappointment

I can say I have 100 miles now on my Smoky Blue Cadenza and the horn is simply anemic. Why they added such a sad sounding horn to such a nice car is beyond me. Have others found a solution to this?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ I have a friend with one of those in a Ford F350 4X4. When he honks it for fun, I feel almost embarassed for the poor person on the sidewalk who probably $hit him/herself. It's really kind of mean I think.

If you could do a switchable thing wherein you could run the PIAA setup and switch over to the train horn when you had a real A-hole to contend with, that would be awesome...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts