Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by saying I love my Cadenza! I traded in my Bimmer X5 for this car and though it's not perfect, I enjoy every minute in it.

I have some minor scratches on my center console "wood" near the gear shift lever that I think may have been caused by the detailer my dealer sent it to before I picked it up (demo vehicle). I was wondering if anyone else has been able to hide/remove any scratches from that faux wood and suggest some good products.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I want to start by saying I love my Cadenza! I traded in my Bimmer X5 for this car and though it's not perfect, I enjoy every minute in it.

I have some minor scratches on my center console "wood" near the gear shift lever that I think may have been caused by the detailer my dealer sent it to before I picked it up (demo vehicle). I was wondering if anyone else has been able to hide/remove any scratches from that faux wood and suggest some good products.
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will love the Cadenza, it's a great car. I haven't noticed any scratches in the faux wood in my car. Since it's plastic I'm not sure if there would be a way to remove the scratches?:|

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper is the only thing I can think of to remove that kind of scratching. My issue was finding a scratch on my rear lower valance when I got mine from the dealer...

Actually get some of that plastic polish at the store and try it? Maybe it will fill them in enough to fix it. I'd hate to suggest sanding it and it ruin the finish. It's a very tricky thing to fix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

I got some Nu Finish Scratch Doctor which is supposed to be non abrasive and is only guaranteed for surface scratches, swirl marks, etc. I'm hoping it won't be harsh on this plastic wood. I think I'll need to use some kind of wax after the polish to maintain the finish so once I get that I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe see if you can find some clear nail polish? That works with mild scratched glass.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try in an inconspicuous location.

The Nu Finish Scratch doctor does work - meaning it does what it says. It smoothes out the edges of the scratches and makes them less visible to the eye. Most of my tiny scratches are no longer visible at all. It does take lots of rubbing so after about 4 applications I'm seeing great results. It's not very abrasive so it is not removing the shine from the finish. I will continue to apply until I can completely remove the scratches. The good thing is you don't need to use very much so one bottle should last you a lifetime. I put a tiny drop on the cloth and go to town rubbing it in until its just a haze. You have to rub it in perpendicular to the scratch of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts