Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a little extra bass so i added an amp and 12" single sub. Sounds just right. Tapped into Left/Right rear door speakers and found powered wire for remote (pink/black) all located at factory amp location. Easy access and clean install. Had help from Kiatechinfo.com (which is going to subscription based on 10/17/14) for wire diagram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you put the sub in the trunk? Special enclosure?

I noticed that note form Kiatechinfo about subscription based - but it said 17 Oct 2015. I don't trust that it is not 2014, and am working on making a copy of the site.
The sub is in its own box/enclosure. Seems to sound the best centered towards to rear-end of the car. I thought there may be an issue with the stock sub and the new 12" sub having some distortion, but it sounds good to me, so i kept it connected. Oops, i guess i misread the kiatech date...i hope its free until 2015!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone replaced the stock sub with a different one? Or perhaps a seperate amp just for that sub? I dont really want to put a box in my trunk (im trying to be a grown up, it will be my first car without subs taking up the entire trunk) but would like some more bass.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I gotta ask, how did you get the carpet covers down? I pulled up the rubber seal for the drunk lid, found the lip hooks, but the clips underneath are giving me grief. I'm afraid i'll break them. I'm guessing a needle nose plier to squeeze the clips out of the hole is the way to go?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello MadMax,

not sure of which clips you're referring to. Like you said the lip hooks are located under the trunk rubber seal. I removed the turn-able hooks on the rear and bottom of trunk (where cargo and luggage nets hook) I removed the 2 or 3 screws (one plastic i think) and then just carefully bent the liner enough for me to tap into the amp wires....(didn't leave any type of crease or lines - very flexible. I don't remember having to use any pliers at all for removing the liner???? Nothing broke when i moved the liner. I'm sorry i didn't take any pics while i did this. good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'll be installing my sub probably Friday. I'll get pics while I'm doing it.

I gotta ask, how did you get the carpet covers down? I pulled up the rubber seal for the drunk lid, found the lip hooks, but the clips underneath are giving me grief. I'm afraid i'll break them. I'm guessing a needle nose plier to squeeze the clips out of the hole is the way to go?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Cool, I got parts for the install in hand, I may try today or Friday myself at least to run the dedicated power from battery...and i'll inspect the other needs and keep an ear out here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds good. I've installed subs in every car I've owned (I think I'm around 18 now... lol) I should be able to figure it out if you don't by then.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So which one is the Sub output wire? Looks like there are outputs and inputs but I really can't tell by the diagrams...for my LOC I thing it's best to get a sub output...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Use a door output. The sub output is not suitable for a LOC nor a high input processor on an amp. It's a split signal output going to the OEM sub.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I ended up going that route. I got another thread in the How To talking about all of this. But point to be made your advise is spot on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amp Install on a 2014 Cadenza

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone would give me some tips on installing an amp and 2 12" subs. I bought a kit but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to tap into hi lo or if there were any rca's anywhere. Also, need to run 4 gage 12v dc to amp.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts