Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

So I've found it pretty hard to find an air filter and cabin filter for my 2017 Cadenza. Have tried Autozone and Orielly's (here in Arizona), and even providing the OEM number they either don't have it or give me something that is clearly too small. I'm curious if the 2016 model filters would work in the 2017? I really don't want to go to the dealer and purchase their outrageously expense OEM parts. :|

Plus I'll like to use the K&N filters if possible. Has anyone experimented with filters in a 2017 Cadenza? What works, what should I stay away from?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'd be willing to bet the filter fits from 14-17. The K&N dropin intake filter I have fits the Sorrento and I think the Optima...don't quote me, but i'm pretty sure it's the same. I get the cabin filter off of amazon...just looked for the 2014 filter, found a middle of the road pricing with charcoal.

All that said, I'd get with the dealership to be 100%

·
Registered
742 Posts
****, as long as you keep it clean, if you just buy the 2014 filter, see if it fits/is the same. If not take it back...clean of course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I'll go ask associate for 2016 filter and tell them I have the car out front, can I just go see if this fits. My local Autozone guys are pretty trust worthy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.

The K&N Air Filter #33-2448 DOES NOT fit the 2017 Kia Cadenza. Turns out the Air Cleaner Assembly unit was re-designed starting with 2017 model. I've contacted K&N via email to see if they are possibly in the process of making filters for 2017 Kia Cadenza. I'll update this thread again if I get good news from them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWIW, I have an extra OEM Air Filter for my 2015 Sonata 2.0T and my 2018 Sonata 2.0T.
Fits perfectly. (Comes in a Hyundai box).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts