Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am desperately seeking info on where to hook up the rca converter in my 2014 cadenza. I want to hook it up near the drivers side kick panel. I don’t have any meter so exactly what wire goes where would be super. I need to hook up the ground, speakers, remote and power. This car has factory subs but I don’t see a factory amp anywhere. (Maybe the last owner has it) idk. I’m leaving the factory stereo in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
The factory Amp should be in the trunk, on the right hand side wall, behind the trim. If you have the factory radio and the speakers are making sounds, the previous owner did not take your amp.
Connector pin-out for the 2015 amp (possibly the same as 2014, but I don't know):

White Font Line Material property Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory Amp should be in the trunk, on the right hand side wall, behind the trim. If you have the factory radio and the speakers are making sounds, the previous owner did not take your amp.
Connector pin-out for the 2015 amp (possibly the same as 2014, but I don't know):

View attachment 7835
I appreciate your reply. I decided to take it to the pros. Lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza - Snow White Pearl
19 Posts
I second connecting it to the sub speaker wires. The converter should be connected to the stock amplifier speaker output for the subwoofer. I’m not sure if you have to connect to all 4 or if you can get away with 2, I’d recommend all 4. I vaguely remember that pinout in the second post being incorrect for connector B in the 2015s, I think the 2 subwoofer wires were non-existent. It’s almost been a year so I can’t recall. Here’s a copy of that picture I made where I wrote down the wire colors. The subwoofer wires with a color next to them under connector A are the ones I used for the lows.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Monochrome

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bass rolloff is due to the factory radio protecting the speakers as well as the speed sensing volume. The best way to solve the problem issue is with a LOC that digitally adjusts. The best one for the money is an LC2i. I've installed these in several cars with bass reduction and have never had an issue. Get them on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts