Kia Cadenza Forum banner

ADS!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  brandontaz2k2 
#1 ·
I made a thread about this before, but my hell it's gotten worse over the years.
ADVERTISEMENT BOTS!!!!!
Who the hell is the admin of these forums?
There are so many threads of advertisements, phishing links, nonsense that needs to be removed. If I was coming to check out the forums for the first time and I saw that -- I'd close the page and not come back.

#4 ·
Who owns CadenzaForum.com?

CadenzaForum.com is now owned by VerticalScope, the leader in online forums. With over 800 forum communities, VerticalScope provides the technology that powers the community. Our team of volunteer moderators and administrators watch over the content, and actively patrol for spam, user behavioural issues, and make sure threads are in the right categories.

Taken directly from their "about us" link on the bottom of the forums. I have reached out to see if anything will happen. Hopefully this will get taken care of soon. Let's take the forums back from the spam. If you don't like it please contact them here.

Or, you can also contact them here, information I also found on their "about us" page:
VerticalScope Inc.
111 Peter Street, Suite 600
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada
Phone: 416-341-8950
Email: info@verticalscope.com

#7 ·
There will always be normal banner ads (the right side of the page or bottom for example). These are here to ensure that the site remains free for anyone to join and public. But when it comes to spam links, bots and other advertisements on posts, these are not allowed and should be reported.

With active moderators (thank you @HappyCanuck for helping out), it should be easier to help control this and keep the site clean. Members can always Report any offending posts and this will forward them to the moderators for review and make it easier for them to be removed.

Daniel

#9 ·
Hope everyone is having a fantastic month of August. Just an update about the ads. There's been an uptick recently - good thing, no one using the forum has noticed it. Lots of crazy things for sale that has nothing to do with a Cadenza. :giggle: I have at least 1-2 pop up in the approval queue every time I stop by this forum that I am removing before it hits the public view. Glad all the moderators can block and tackle it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.