Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wanted to see if there were any opinions/options about how to get just 2 powered subs in a Cadenza. I could go the easy route and do a hi-lo converter off the rear speakers but I rather not. Any outputs on the radio I may know of? Or any of the amps have outputs I could use?

Thanks... Planning on 2 15's kicker vr's

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where r u located

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello all,

Just wanted to see if there were any opinions/options about how to get just 2 powered subs in a Cadenza. I could go the easy route and do a hi-lo converter off the rear speakers but I rather not. Any outputs on the radio I may know of? Or any of the amps have outputs I could use?

Thanks... Planning on 2 15's kicker vr's
There are no outputs from the radio. It would actually be easier to tap into the sub in the rear deck (that what I did for mine). Currently, I'm using a Scosche LOC, but I plan on upgrading to an NVX unit to address the bass roll-off issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are no outputs from the radio. It would actually be easier to tap into the sub in the rear deck (that what I did for mine). Currently, I'm using a Scosche LOC, but I plan on upgrading to an NVX unit to address the bass roll-off issue.
Do you happen to remember which wires you tapped in to? I'm having either power or signal issues with my install, but leaning towards the latter. Won't have time to play with it any more for at least a week, but if you could let me know the colors/which harness you used it'd be great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you happen to remember which wires you tapped in to? I'm having either power or signal issues with my install, but leaning towards the latter. Won't have time to play with it any more for at least a week, but if you could let me know the colors/which harness you used it'd be great.
I actually tapped into the wires that connect to the sub, under the rear deck. You have to pull the panel cover down to access them. It takes a little work, but not too difficult. A regular LOC will work, but you'll deal with bass roll-off. If you get an upgraded one (Audio Control, NVX...) then you'll be fine. Here's a pic of the amp and sub installed. I'll try to take a pic of the LOC connected under the deck and post it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, I was able to take pics...showing how to access the underside of the rear deck. I cut the connectors of (left enough wire to with with) and used butt connectors to splice the wires to the LOC for the signal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, I was able to take pics...showing how to access the underside of the rear deck. I cut the connectors of (left enough wire to with with) and used butt connectors to splice the wires to the LOC for the signal.
View attachment 7625

View attachment 7626

View attachment 7627

View attachment 7628
Looks good wiring to me especially on the LOC. We might need the same wiring for the incoming Cadenza project. We'll just finish installing the suspension and rims from 4Wheelonline onto the truck before we can clear the garage. Hope you'll update us when you got the NVX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts