Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this car has not already been enough of a headache... I noticed that my adaptive headlights are not working. They remain pointing straight instead of moving when I turn the steering wheel. I took a video of it. Between the crackling in the sunroof/headliner, A-C pillars, etc. this car is getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If this car has not already been enough of a headache... I noticed that my adaptive headlights are not working. They remain pointing straight instead of moving when I turn the steering wheel. I took a video of it. Between the crackling in the sunroof/headliner, A-C pillars, etc. this car is getting worse and worse.
Do you turn the headlights on manually? Or in the Auto position? They won't move if it's not in the Auto position.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just in case you are trying to make them move when you are sitting still, that won't work. you have to be driving (in motion) for them to turn for you. Not sure what the cutoff speed is either. I thought mine weren't working at one time either but I was testing in my drive way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FROM THE MANUAL:
Adaptive front lighting system uses

the steering angle and vehicle speed,

to keep your field of vision wide by

swiveling and leveling the headlamp.

Change the switch to the AUTO position

when the engine is running. The

adaptive front lighting system will

operate when the headlamp is ON.

To turn off the AFLS, change the

switch to other positions. After turning

the AFLS off, headlamp swiveling

no longer occurs, but leveling operates

continuously.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just wondering how you would verify that the AFLS is actually working. Need to be moving. driving, turning.
I guess a second person waiting at the turn could validate this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just wondering how you would verify that the AFLS is actually working. Need to be moving. driving, turning.
i can see mine working while driving. The light pattern on the road will move as the headlights swivel. Headlights must be in Auto position and the lighting dark enough for the headlights to automatically turn on.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I notice when I drive that the light pattern changes in the direction of the turn, also when you turn on the car you will see the lights do a self level before you drive off in the park position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always leave my switch in the auto position. The dealer tried to replicate the issue and could not. I had taken a video to prove the problem. They said that since they could not make it fail, they can't do anything about it. This has been the story with this car since I got it. Starting with the clicking in the headliner/sunroof/whole car, steering wheel heater way too hot, adaptive lights not working. I really dislike the word hate... but I'm starting to hate KIA!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I always leave my switch in the auto position. The dealer tried to replicate the issue and could not. I had taken a video to prove the problem. They said that since they could not make it fail, they can't do anything about it. This has been the story with this car since I got it. Starting with the clicking in the headliner/sunroof/whole car, steering wheel heater way too hot, adaptive lights not working. I really dislike the word hate... but I'm starting to hate KIA!
In your case, Krappy Intolerable Auto K.I.A.

·
Registered
796 Posts
In your case, Krappy Intolerable Auto K.I.A.
I don't really blame them. Seeing it and knowing that it happens is one thing. But not being able to have it there and being able to diagnose it is another. As a computer tech I go through the same things when I tell people I need to have it happen with me there. A picture/video is helpful but if the symptoms are present while I'm there it's hard to diagnose. If things are working properly when I get there I can't find the root cause and I'm not just going to start replacing things or screwing with software in hopes of fixing it. If this were something known with a set cause then fine, a pic/vid would be enough (we also get this and it's fine).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts