Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a speed limit before Adaptive headlights work, and an upper threshold that they stop? I note from a stop they don't follow, but I can't narrow down what it takes to get them to start. Once they do, it looks great, but certainly above 40mph they are stationary again, even when I force the wheel to get over enough to where it was when they were following at the slower speeds.

I guess my real question is, if it's limited by speed, is there a way the dealership can override that to give a larger window in the software perhaps?

Just something I've been wondering for awhile now.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've noticed the same as you. The manual only states that AFLS is speed and steering input dependent, but gives no details on what they may be.

Could be possible to re-program, but you'd have to find a service department willing to look into it for you. That in itself may be a challenge.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a brother in law or drinking buddy working at a Kia dealership...I bet with the right tools and a little knowhow, a lot of cool stuff could be accomplished.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Are you sure they stop swiveling after 40mph? Maybe because at those speeds you probably aren't taking THAT many sharp corners? I know they don't move when you are stopped but it only takes a few mph to get them to move. And I could've sworn I've seen them move at highway speeds...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naa, somewhere between 35-40 at best guess they stop moving, I'd almost bet money on that. I know what you mean, with little wheel movement doesn't seem enough to trigger them, but trust me, I've gone out of my way to try to get the wheel well turned to where they should be moving and they stop following above 40 for sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Naa, somewhere between 35-40 at best guess they stop moving, I'd almost bet money on that. I know what you mean, with little wheel movement doesn't seem enough to trigger them, but trust me, I've gone out of my way to try to get the wheel well turned to where they should be moving and they stop following above 40 for sure.

35-40mph the adaptive head lights work great on a highway exit.

They're not meant to show you the extremes of their capability. Wobbling left or right slightly at 50mph+ doesn't necessitate they shine way off to the sides.

As long as what's in front of you is illuminated, they're doing their job.

PS: Please don't sit stationary wobbling your steering wheel left and right..... :cry

If you want to see the extent that these things can do, drive around a parking lot where it's likely you'll be pulling 90 degree turns at low speeds.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Mine move when sitting stationary. I just have to jerk the wheel hard enough to get the car to sway ;P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts