Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Adaptive Cruise Control

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Yooshaw 
#1 ·
I find myself using this feature a lot.. as I drive 50 miles to work and then 50 miles back to home everyday.. The most useful time to use it... surprisingly... is in the fog. I was scared to test it in the fog.. but it does work. Set it for the max distance between cars and stay in one lane (preferably the fast lane) And of course.. don't speed! I always set my cruise control @ speed limit in fog (low traffic), most people I've seen driving in the fog are going ~5-10mph less than that, so make sure people driving next to you know you're there so they don't merge into your lane (don't go so fast that they don't even see you). Has anybody else used this feature in the fog?

#2 ·
Not that much fog here in Austin, TX, but I use it daily. To get to my house I have to drive about 1.5-2 miles down a straight street at 30mph so I turn it on just after I pull away from the stop sign going to and coming home from work.
When I hit the stop sign at the other end of the block the car stops when I catch up to the line of cars waiting at the stop sign.

#4 ·
I noticed you can turn it on while sitting still in traffic in certain situations. It will automatically go to like 20mph for the 'top speed' and will hold you still until the car in front of you moves. Seems you have to be completely stopped and have a reasonable distance and it will let you turn the system on while stopped. Weird that it will only come to a stop for 2-3seconds to continue automatically if more than that then you have to take control.

#5 ·
This is my favorite feature. I use it pretty much every time I drive. I like how you can come to a complete stop and then with a quit touch of the gas pedal or resume switch you are right back to where you left off. I have had the system make a few mistakes though and I have had to take over the brake. But for the most part, love it.

#6 ·
I have to agree, this is one of the coolest features on my K900 IMO. I pretty much use this almost every time I drive the car for anything over a couple of miles. As stated above, it isn't perfect & every once in a while there are a few mistakes, but that's why it's always good to have your foot ready to press the brake just in case. From reading the posts above, it would appear that the exact same system is used on both CADENZA and The K900! Really neat feature, I just wish they would have also added the lane departure assist function that is on the new 2015 Genesis models.

http://youtu.be/EPTIXldrq3Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.