Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Kia cadenza and my fob will not be able to open the car I cannot get my car start. a week ago I was able to but now the car is totally dead and thinking it's the battery but at the same time I got a new battery from Canadian tire at around September 2020 now when I try to pushstart this was at the time when Car was able to at least turn on. But I was able to get the car somewhat to get the gas pumping and get also the car to rev but once it got to a 2 seconds of being on, the car died by itself and no longer able to start again this happened 3 to 4 days prior of me taking the car and driving out for about 20 minutes. Now the car's been parked on the driveway for aboat 3 months And it's also been extremely cold here in Canada Brampton Ontario so I am not sure if it's a new battery that I need to get or if its Ignition problems, fuel pump or something .Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? before I have roadside assistance to tow it to where I have warranty and fix them themselves because I purchased extended warranty on the car when I bought it and it could fall under the warranty after viewing it

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
i agree with leonsod,sounds like an electrical issue - there is a disconnect between the battery and the electrical components not allowing it to start properly. you already got a new battery so you have that issue covered. now you have to go step by step and figure out which part(s) is giving you the issue. if all else fails you do have warranty which is good.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds like maybe your "new" battery may be faulty. Just because something is new doesn't mean it works...it's just untested. Need more details. Do you have any problems with the key fob(s)? Like any issues unlocking the doors, does the dash say key not detected when you attempt to start the car or turn on accessory? Can you turn on the acc and listen tot he radio and then try to start the car...and what happens? All of these things will help us to narrow down a possible cause or path to take.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah, batteries can die young. Last one I had malfunctioned at about 16 months old. If you have a volt meter, see if the battery has a charge. If not, try getting it charged, take it back to where you got it, and they will charge and cycle test the battery for you often for free if it is under warranty with them. Once you are certain you have a good battery you can start to look else-ware. As onlyjeeps pointed out too, a dead battery in a fob coupled with a low battery in the car, could compound your symptom issues. So get both of those checked out. As far as the pictures, do you have a warranty for the car that is still active? If so, call the dealership, see what they can lookup with the warranty, even if it is aftermarket, they can do an initial claim check, you may be granted a tow to the shop as part of the plan...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts