Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The ribbon is cut and the cars are rolling off the assembly line at Kia’s new factory in Monterrey, Mexico, the automaker’s second in the western hemisphere after opening a plant in Georgia about eight years ago.

At a cost of more than $3-billion, the plant is home to production of the facelifted 2017 Kia Forte sedan, with the Forte5 hatchback and another compact car coming soon. The AutoGuide.com team had a chance to check out the new plant and learn how Kia hopes it will help continue its rapid growth.
Read more about the 5 Things You Need to Know About Kia’s New Factory in Mexico at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
796 Posts
South Korea is arguably more developed than Mexico. Other than JUST lower wages for workers (lower standard/cost of living) I also bet the cars are cheaper to ship as well. I just wonder what the quality of the cars will be like from that plant. Don't get me wrong, I know other manufacturers have a ton of factories in Mexico, I just wonder if there will be anything noticeable as apposed to either the GA or SK plants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.