Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 1st long distant trip with the Cadenza, from Huntsville Al to Houston Tx... 1580 miles round avg mpg 31.2 while driving between 70- 75 mph. I also got an avg. of 27.8 while driving through traffic on I45 and 610 and the beltway. I must say I was very impress with these numbers and the way the car handled. As a personal rule when traveling long distant, I don't allow my tank to get past half a tank.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sounds about right. During my last longish trip (just over 100mi combined) I was getting 30+ doing 60-70 with AC. It was really nice. Didn't get to calculate fuelly because I let my parents use it and my dad took a pic of my overall miles and not the trip :(. I was mildly annoyed lol. No high numbers for me on the longest several trips so far!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
i hope going 70-75 you were in the right hand lane on I-10 West >:D

When i travel long distance, i'm going 75-80 on cruise and average about 26-28mpg... im happy with it. close to 4 banger mpg's with the power of v6

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hadn't had the car under 75 yet on the highway. Usually see 25-26 (lots of hills and passing on 2-lane roads).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I'm a very strategic driver, I would guess being from Ny originally helps. Plus knowing the traffic trends in Houston after living there for 3 years. I left Huntsville at 3pm and arrived in Houston at 4:15 am, then on the return coming back I left Houston after the lunch rush hour taking I45 to the beltway to I10 going in to Louisiana. when you know the lay of the land you don't have to have a fine car like the Cadenza sitting in traffic. I actually enjoyed others trying to catch up to me because they were trying to figure out what I was driving. I find this as well as being a plus by being a Cadenza owner, you don't see them everywhere outside of the dealership where I made my purchase I've only seen one other Cadenza on the road while in Ny where I chose not to drive instead fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts