Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 Kia Cadenza Limited. Absolutely love it!!! I’m still learning about all the features, but so far WOW. My first Kia!
I am also looking for a wireless Carplay adapter for my wired Carplay. Does anybody have a recommendation on a wireless CarPlay adapter for the 2020 Kia Cadenza?
I've searched other forums and I see Carlinkit (3.0) (U2W Plus) Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter Dongle for Wired CarPlay and CPLAY2Air mentioned and it looks like both have issues and don't work perfectly.
what I can gather goes like this:
Carplay2Air is identical hardware to Carlinkit original version. They run the same firmware also and perform the same. This version has a hardwired USB connector.
CarLinikIt 3.0 is a new version that is similar in hardware but has a USB-C connector on the box and you plug a (removable) USB-C cable into it. It can run the same firmware, and it is not currently known if it is "better" hardware with some saying it boots quicker. It appears to be more difficult to change the firmware version in it and it is possible to brick it trying.
I am about to go looking to buy one, but not sure which is best. Probably the later USB-C version just in case it boots quicker.
Are there any other adapters or information on these ones?
Tell me what you think. Thank you!
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
14 Posts
Sorry, nothing to add to your inquiry but just had to say... what a BEAUTIFUL ride!
I haven't had my 18' for a year yet but already wanting to upgrade to the 20'. The front and rear fascia updates has greatly refreshed the model. Sidenote: was a little envious that my in-laws' 2021 K5 is wayyy more loaded than my 18' Premium. Kia has really turned a corner!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts