Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks good! I hope your ride comfort isn't too bad. Impacts will be the worst change.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 19's on my car so I know that isn't true! Glad it works for you though
Not sure what you're rolling on (maybe you should try a different tire), but I've got 19's on mine and I live in the DC metro area. My ride is smooth and solid, especially at highway speeds. I drive into the city as well (horrible roads) and I don't have any issues. I didn't care for the floatiness that existed with the 18" wheels. Depending on where he lives, 20's can be a smooth ride. I'm actually going to get a set of 20's to ride on from late spring to early fall and then switch back to the 19's for the winter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have tried 2 different tires (in my sig) and yes, the car does ride nice and smooth...impacts like concrete sections, pot hole edges, bridge ramps (whatever they're called) anything like that with an edge to them are absolutely horrible with thin sidewall tires, esp on this car. Shakes the whole car, sunroof rattles, etc. By far my largest complaint about this car is the non existent road isolation. My 370Z with sports car suspension soaked up impacts better than this luxury focused car. I understand the new Genesis line is engineered much better in this area. Of course, they would have to be to sell any in that market race.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have tried 2 different tires (in my sig) and yes, the car does ride nice and smooth...impacts like concrete sections, pot hole edges, bridge ramps (whatever they're called) anything like that with an edge to them are absolutely horrible with thin sidewall tires, esp on this car. Shakes the whole car, sunroof rattles, etc. By far my largest complaint about this car is the non existent road isolation. My 370Z with sports car suspension soaked up impacts better than this luxury focused car. I understand the new Genesis line is engineered much better in this area. Of course, they would have to be to sell any in that market race.
Yeah, anytime you put a low profile tire on a car with a softer suspension, you're going to feel more on anything other than smooth roads. I've got 19's on my 2015 and it rides nicely. The difference in how it rode with the factory 18's is actually just as smooth, but more solid at highway speeds. I also added a front strut brace and the handling is definitely more controlled. I've learned to slow down a bit when it comes to uneven surfaces and that helps maintain the car's composure. Comparing the ride to a sports car that has a suspension tuned for low profile tires is like apples to oranges. I've had Ironman iMove Gen 2, Lionhart L5 and currently running Lexani LX-Twenty tires. I'll stick with either the Lionhart or the Lexani tires. Both perform nicely, quiet, smooth, comfortable ride with good traction and stability inn the rain and light snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts