Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have 2017 sxl with harmon kardon sound system. I have recently noticed that the front door speakers only throw bass and not vocals at all. When i change the position to selected door either left or right only front tweeters from the dashboard have vocals and not the doors but the bass is sharp and clean from the doors. So is it something wrong with my speakers or is it supposed to be work like that? Does any one have similar vehicle? If so please let me know or if you know the solution please do let me know as well since i am new into this. Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't fully understand your description, but overall, the doors are likely a one way cone. No tweeter, so they are going to be cut off from the high. The pillar or dash speaker has the tweeter that will get all the highs. They are designed to work in tandem, but if you put a 2 or 3 way speaker in the door, replace the 1 way, there are actually plenty of highs in the signal. I say that from experience with the 2014 system, I am not familiar with the 2017 HK system...but they likely work on a similar design, just better components.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had 2014 with infinity system but that works little different. But i remeber still the main door speakers still have vocals with tweeters so that sounds perfect. Now the thing with this one is instead of surround system option it has QLS system for surround sound. If i turn on that the beats are better it’s like a surround but vocals volume is not that loud. And when i turn off that all speakers have vocals except the front two doors. Even if i change positions to select left door or right only that particular tweeter works and door has bass but literally 0 vocals. It wasn’t like that in 2014. That’s why i was wondering if you know anyone who has 17 with Hk system please let me know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Along the lines of what Madmax said, I was going to comment this morning but forgot. I double checked my front door system last night and as I suspected the lower door speaker does as Madmax suggests, it plays only the lows in the signal while the highs are directed to the pillar mounted (or dash in your case) tweeter. This is very common among vehicles that have this speaker arrangement. There is nothing wrong with your system.

If you care to look into the reasons further you'll find that no car (with this speaker arrangement) puts vocals and highs in the lower door speakers. This is to preserve the soundstage of the music. If voices and higher pitched sounds were to come from just the lower doors (or both the door and pillar/dash speakers) your ears would perceive the sounds as coming from different areas (with slightly different time delays) and the image would not be clear but muddy sounding. Especially these days, almost all cars do a lot of sound mixing and engineering to their system (some even blending in engine noises) to help the occupants "perceive" the sounds as best as possible - in the minds of the manufacturers at least. I'd very much prefer the engine noises come from just the engine! Kia doesn't do the engine noises in our cars at least!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts