1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think fully loaded they are more expensive than ours, but their bare bones model is cheaper (because ours comes with more standard). Also they have less color options. The only thing I would really want is maybe the new transmission and the HUD. I like our styling much better, inside and out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think fully loaded they are more expensive than ours, but their bare bones model is cheaper (because ours comes with more standard). Also, they have fewer color options. The only thing I would really want is maybe the new transmission and the HUD. I like our styling much better, inside and out.
my Canadian 2016 styling is identical both inside and out to the US .I do agree we always had fewer color options both inside and out cousin IF I am wrong please show me iI am interested to find out what the differences are

·
Registered
796 Posts
my Canadian 2016 styling is identical both inside and out to the US .I do agree we always had fewer color options both inside and out cousin IF I am wrong please show me iI am interested to find out what the differences are
I have a '14, we had more color choices than you :p I think they took away most of the color options in '16.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No more Adaptive Driving Lights?

Did KIA do away with the "Adaptive Driving Lights" or "Bending Driving Lights" that we have on the 2014-2016 models? I do not see that feature listed in the 2017 feature list.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did KIA do away with the "Adaptive Driving Lights" or "Bending Driving Lights" that we have on the 2014-2016 models? I do not see that feature listed in the 2017 feature list.
I had them on my K900 and were for all intents and purposes useless . I did enjoy the HUD and that is an option I would love to have . Just remember that with HUD you cannot wear polarized sunglasses because the HUD cannot be seen with sunglasses that are polarized

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think so, certainly not listed in the features. Looks like the two headlight options are halogen projector or triple led projector. No HID option.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love the moving headlights...that said if the LED lights flood more light then they wouldn't be needed. That said, I still love the chasing headlights!
Agree, they are a nice feature. I'm working a project to upgrade the projectors themselves for better light output (to include bi-xenon function - dual high beams from both projectors). More to follow when I get to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2015 Cadenza Limited is currently in the shop for a few things. As a loaner to drive, the dealer gave me a 2017 Cadenza Premium...Gravity Blue w/Beige Leather.

The 2017 is a looker! It really has to be seen in person to appreciate it...pics in the rags and on the KIA site don't do it justice! It has the Luxury & Sunroof Packages...and lists in at $36K according to the window sticker that was on it...so it's missing a few features compaired to my Limited. However, still very nice! It drives basically the same as my 2015. The HarmonKarden audio blows my Infinity system out of the water. Still have not tried out Apple CarPlay yet, but curious how well it works. The navigation/radio setup is great...with ability to have split nav/radio screen...and the graphics are much sharper than mine!

This one does not have the higher end TFT instrument display, so can't comment on that. The interior is extremely streamlined compared to the curves of the dash and overall inside lines of my 2015...its also a bit bigger I think. The panoramic roof is full size now...no more middle bar. Still no LED running lights for whatever reason...just "positioning lights"...odd! Also no forward parking assist sensors...only rear...odd as well!

Overall though, it's a big change from the look of my 2015.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Observations wch, I just turned in my 2014 Premium with Luxury package for the 2017 Premium, again with a luxury package. The offerings are different, even though the packages are the same name.

You are correct on your descriptions. The Premium does not have the LED lights or HI headlights. It also has the hex grill, not the vertical bar style that you see in the pictures. One item I had gotten used to that is missing from my new one is the memory seat. That automatic move all the way back when you shut off the car was pretty nice to get in and out. All in all though, this is a great car, and definitely an upgrade in terms of ride, quiet cabin and acceleration with the 8 speed trannie. Don't let the 3 hp drop in spec scare you away, put this one in sport mode and boot it and the acceleration from a standstill is pretty impressive for a full size car.

I believe those other features you noted are part of the Limited version, I know there's a heads up display on that one.

I chose this Premium with the Luxury package a. because it was immediately available and b. to save a few bucks on payments. I only put about 8500 miles a year on my cars now and a $345 / month payment is enough for me. My car is platinum graphite and has the HK audio, full UVO w navigation, sunroof, power mirrors, smart trunk and listed out at a little over $36K. The limited was $44k and not available so I opted for the lower level, no big deal.

So far, I am very happy and will keep everyone posted. It's nice to have a cool car that isn't seen very often on the street. My silver graphite 2014 was a great car as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure this would be the right thread to post in, so please move it and advise if you'd like some ongoing feedback for the 2017 KIA Cadenza Premium. I'm finding that I am liking this model a lot and can do some reasonable comparisons since I leased a 2014 Cadenza in 2/14 and have had this one for 2 weeks. Admin, please let me know!
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure this would be the right thread to post in, so please move it and advise if you'd like some ongoing feedback for the 2017 KIA Cadenza Premium. I'm finding that I am liking this model a lot and can do some reasonable comparisons since I leased a 2014 Cadenza in 2/14 and have had this one for 2 weeks. Admin, please let me know!
Thanks,
Dan
Create a new thread - 2017 Owners (or something like that)

That way I know when i'm going to a thread with that title I'll likely get to read about users' own hands on experiences.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.