Kia Cadenza Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
So it looks like these are now standard:
Blind Spot Detection (BSD) S
Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) S

Would love to have that HK system in the car though. I love my Infinity audio but wish it had a bit more punch in the bass region. I get that it's more a studio reproduction system and not a bass heavy hip-hop system, but more bass would be nice lol. I would like to see what all comes with what packages, though I suspect the HUD will be available only on the SXL.

And did it look to anyone else like with the Nappa leather that it now goes on the pillars, roof, and rear deck? That's just bad wording.
"Premium Nappa leather seat trim, headliner, pillar trim, and rear parcel shelf O"

No such thing as a hot seller in the Cadenza. But it would be good for Kia to come out with a more performance oriented vehicle (like Hyundai's Gen coupe). Kia has the Optima SX and SXL but that is a normal car just slightly reworked.

No such thing as a hot seller in the Cadenza.
Perhaps I'm too optimistic for my own good but brand perception in the car market doesn't happen overnight. I meant "hot seller" in a comparative sense entirely compared to what they've done historically. With this new design, I'm anticipating at least an uptick in its appeal to younger buyers.

Perhaps I'm too optimistic for my own good but brand perception in the car market doesn't happen overnight. I meant "hot seller" in a comparative sense entirely compared to what they've done historically. With this new design, I'm anticipating at least an uptick in its appeal to younger buyers.

Probably will be an uptick for 2017, then level off to similar levels. To give you an idea of the scale of Cadenza sales, here's Kia's sales numbers for the last three years:

K900.............N/A...........1330...........2524
Cadenza .......8626..........9267...........7343
Optima......155893......159020.......159414
Soul..........118079.......145316.......147133
Sorrento...105649.......102520.......116249

K900 and Cadenza are fractions of its sales for Kia. I think that these low sales numbers combined with the lower brand perception (although clearly rising) has caused less than stellar re-sale values for both Cadenza and K900.

I wouldn't anticipate the '17 Cadenza drastically improving depreciation. Hopefully I'm wrong! :D

Probably will be an uptick for 2017, then level off to similar levels. To give you an idea of the scale of Cadenza sales, here's Kia's sales numbers for the last three years:

K900.............N/A...........1330...........2524
Cadenza .......8626..........9267...........7343
Optima......155893......159020.......159414
Soul..........118079.......145316.......147133
Sorrento...105649.......102520.......116249

K900 and Cadenza are fractions of its sales for Kia. I think that these low sales numbers combined with the lower brand perception (although clearly rising) has caused less than stellar re-sale values for both Cadenza and K900.

I wouldn't anticipate the '17 Cadenza drastically improving depreciation. Hopefully I'm wrong! :D
I don't know about depreciation impact for sure, but I think historically speaking, refreshes and redesigns always help in boosting sales a bit.

Also, I'm interested in seeing what the non-Limited version of the 2017 looks like, with the standard grille. Are there more photos showing the non-waterfall grille version?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.