Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a code of p00800 high pressure on the fuel rail ,had mechanic diagnose and replaced high pressure sensor on the rail,did not fix the problem, loss of pedal on excelaration onto highway then goes into limp mode ,while feathering the pedal back to normal driving ,no other codes at this point, all connections checked good, looking for any suggestions on trying to resolve this problem

· Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
36 Posts
If the sensor and wiring has been ruled out. The high pressure pump is mechanical and driven by the camshaft. The pump needs to be inspected/tested to make sure the relief valve is opening and then perhaps look at timing components.
How many miles are on your Cadenza? How's the maintenance been?

· Registered
1 Posts
If the sensor and wiring has been ruled out. The high pressure pump is mechanical and driven by the camshaft. The pump needs to be inspected/tested to make sure the relief valve is opening and then perhaps look at timing components.
How many miles are on your Cadenza? How's the maintenance been?
I have 67800 miles and always had it serviced on time, are you talking about the high pressure pump on top of the engine

· Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
36 Posts
Yes. On GDI (gasoline direct injection) engines, there are two pumps. The "low pressure" pump is the traditional in-tank pump that moves the fuel from the tank to the engine(the high pressure fuel pump). Because of the pressures needed to overcome combustion chamber pressures and atomize the fuel, the high pressure fuel pump is mounted to the engine and driven directly by the camshaft. Yes, it is atop the engine.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. On GDI (gasoline direct injection) engines, there are two pumps. The "low pressure" pump is the traditional in-tank pump that moves the fuel from the tank to the engine(the high pressure fuel pump). Because of the pressures needed to overcome combustion chamber pressures and atomize the fuel, the high pressure fuel pump is mounted to the engine and driven directly by the camshaft. Yes, it is atop the engine.
Ok I’ll have to have this mechanic I’m working with check it out for me,he’s a master diagnostic mechanic and it’s got him stumped even after having the computer hooked up while test driving and nothing showing up that’s leading us in the right direction,only thing is the two tps switches or sensors have 0 or— 1-2 readings while getting into the pedal

· Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
36 Posts
Ok I’ll have to have this mechanic I’m working with check it out for me,he’s a master diagnostic mechanic and it’s got him stumped even after having the computer hooked up while test driving and nothing showing up that’s leading us in the right direction,only thing is the two tps switches or sensors have 0 or— 1-2 readings while getting into the pedal
[/QUOTE]

Since you're working with the ability to watch live data... have them take a look at the fuel pressure readings (requested and actual). The computer should have a requested value based on operating conditions and then the fuel pressure sensor should indicate what the actual pressures are showing at the pump. If you're able to see this data, make note of any discrepancies and under what conditions they're occurring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts