Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the '17 Cadenza. When running Android Auto -- the screen only works if the phone is unlocked or for a minute when moving. I generally have Spotify running all the time and as long as Spotify was running, the phone screen wouldn't lock, allowing me to use the Car touch screen. Spotify recently got rid of Car View, so the phone now locks and thus, disables my touch screen.

I have to unlock my phone to be able to use the infotainment screen. Is there a work around, other than disabling the phone's lock screen?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Since you're running Android Auto I assume you have an android phone of some sort. That being said, you be able to set "smart lock" to automatically unlock your phone for various reasons. In this case you would set your cars blue tooth as a "trusted device" for it to automatically unlock. Search your settings for smart lock and go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you're running Android Auto I assume you have an android phone of some sort. That being said, you be able to set "smart lock" to automatically unlock your phone for various reasons. In this case you would set your cars blue tooth as a "trusted device" for it to automatically unlock. Search your settings for smart lock and go from there.
I plug the phone in to USB. I've tried the trusted device thing -- doesn't work. I went in to developers options and set it to stay awake when charging, so the phone doesn't go to lock screen. However, it does dim and when it dims I can't use the car's touch screen. If I tap the phone, it brightens and then I can use the touch screen.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you're just looking to keep your screen on all the time? Until you want to turn it off I assume? You can just install an app with the permission built in such as Screen Alive and there are others.

Hope that helps. If you are looking for something else, report back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you're just looking to keep your screen on all the time? Until you want to turn it off I assume? You can just install an app with the permission built in such as Screen Alive and there are others.

Thanks - I installed the Screen Alive app. I'll test this week. I created a widget so I can turn it on and off when I get in the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Been using it all week - works. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
14 Posts
This does not happen when I use Android Auto. Have you updated your head unit recently? It's super easy, you only need a quality SD card (there are instructions for which to use). Most of the material will mention it being a Map update but it's actually an entire system update. I installed the latest update about a month ago and the interface change and quality is much improved.

Worth a shot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This does not happen when I use Android Auto. Have you updated your head unit recently? It's super easy, you only need a quality SD card (there are instructions for which to use). Most of the material will mention it being a Map update but it's actually an entire system update. I installed the latest update about a month ago and the interface change and quality is much improved.

Worth a shot!
Thanks -- doing it now. My last update was a year ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Worth a shot!
Didn't work. :) But, I'm updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts