Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just got my wife a '17 Cadenza Premium a week ago and noticed all the lights on the front are all halogens. I got some LED's for the low, high and fogs. I'm having issues on the fogs, can't seem to twist the bulb, has anyone tried removing the fog light bulb on this car?....thanks in advance

·
Registered
744 Posts
There is likely a tab that is holding them in place, preventing the twist. That's what this sounds like anyway. What bulb size is it?

If you can get a good look at it and if the tab idea i'm suggesting is right, you'll see how you have to bend it one way for the bulb to be allowed to rotate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello MadMax and thanks for the reply. The bulb size is H8, I did see a black plastic piece with a quarter inch piece(tab?) that sticks out. I tried bending that and twist it but I was afraid it would break off. i will try again sometime this week, that bulb is hard to get to and very small space for my arm

There is likely a tab that is holding them in place, preventing the twist. That's what this sounds like anyway. What bulb size is it?

If you can get a good look at it and if the tab idea i'm suggesting is right, you'll see how you have to bend it one way for the bulb to be allowed to rotate.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't know the 2017, but on the 2014, you gotta make room, pull down some of the lower plastic shroud. It has plastic fasteners the kind with the center post having a thread you have to unscrew, be it 3 or so, do that for each side, once you pull that plastic panel down, your arm can move much better behind the bumper. Again, that's for the 2014 I'd assume it's similar on 2017

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got it, have to unclip the cable then twist. The manual and online stated the fog light bulbs are H8, when i removed the bulb from the assembly, it's 9006. So now i have to return the ones i got and order 9006 led bulbs :rolleyes:

I don't know the 2017, but on the 2014, you gotta make room, pull down some of the lower plastic shroud. It has plastic fasteners the kind with the center post having a thread you have to unscrew, be it 3 or so, do that for each side, once you pull that plastic panel down, your arm can move much better behind the bumper. Again, that's for the 2014 I'd assume it's similar on 2017

1 - 5 of 5 Posts