Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
201 Posts
Thank you!
No problem! I meant to make a post about how to take it apart, but life happened and I eventually forgot about the forum altogether haha.
Images
More images
Try these links. The center console has a lot of visible bolts/screws once you start taking it apart. You're going to want to take the two front seats out in order to get the center console out, otherwise you risk scratching your seats / breaking your back trying to carry the damn thing over the seats. The plastic piece surrounding the shift knob is only held by clips I believe, but please do double check before you start ripping stuff out, as I did this a couple years ago and my memory isn't the greatest. A plastic pry tool set will come in handy to take apart plastic pieces that will scratch/break very easily. The boot to the shift knob will have to lift up in order to take the shift knob out. The car will have to be in Neutral or Drive in order to take out the shift knob (please set parking brake before you do this). Once you have taken the plastic trim piece and shift knob out there will be two screws underneath there that you'll have to take out. The cubby for 12v/USB is easy to take out, you just wiggle it down and it will pop out, there are several wires attached to the back for 12V, USB, and one other thing that I'm forgetting. The center console has three bolts(screws?) on each side facing where the seats were. There are also two bolts inside of the center console storage bay, you'll have to take the cover out to get to it. On the very front of the center console where your feet usually are there is a plastic trim piece that is just held on by clips, then underneath that I believe there is a screw and clips holding the rest of it on. Again I'm not sure if there's more screws/clips other than what I can remember so please double check before pulling things out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great Pictures! Thank you for sharing

·
Registered
1 Posts
No problem! I meant to make a post about how to take it apart, but life happened and I eventually forgot about the forum altogether haha.
Images
More images
Try these links. The center console has a lot of visible bolts/screws once you start taking it apart. You're going to want to take the two front seats out in order to get the center console out, otherwise you risk scratching your seats / breaking your back trying to carry the damn thing over the seats. The plastic piece surrounding the shift knob is only held by clips I believe, but please do double check before you start ripping stuff out, as I did this a couple years ago and my memory isn't the greatest. A plastic pry tool set will come in handy to take apart plastic pieces that will scratch/break very easily. The boot to the shift knob will have to lift up in order to take the shift knob out. The car will have to be in Neutral or Drive in order to take out the shift knob (please set parking brake before you do this). Once you have taken the plastic trim piece and shift knob out there will be two screws underneath there that you'll have to take out. The cubby for 12v/USB is easy to take out, you just wiggle it down and it will pop out, there are several wires attached to the back for 12V, USB, and one other thing that I'm forgetting. The center console has three bolts(screws?) on each side facing where the seats were. There are also two bolts inside of the center console storage bay, you'll have to take the cover out to get to it. On the very front of the center console where your feet usually are there is a plastic trim piece that is just held on by clips, then underneath that I believe there is a screw and clips holding the rest of it on. Again I'm not sure if there's more screws/clips other than what I can remember so please double check before pulling things out.
Hello, do you have any pictures or instructions on how to remove the console lid? Mine is worn and I want to replace it but I didn’t want to break anything, I tried popping off the back of the console where the back seat vents are but I didn’t want to pull too hard and break it. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.