Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been searching around the forum and internet but can't find a definite answer. I am looking for all the labels and pinouts for the back of the 2017 Cadenza CD player. I found the pinouts for the 2014-16 cd radio for the 2 larger of the 3 multipin connectors(bottom right of the attached image). Are these universal? I have found these 2 connectors on the sorento, soul and a few others.

The smaller of the 3 large multipin connectors seems to be missing everywhere. (Bottom left)

Also, i am trying to figure out the antennae connectors because it looks like there are 3. Which is which? What is the yellow port, blue and black?

Any help would be great! Thank you.

- John
Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electronic engineering Electronic instrument Electronic component

·
Registered
249 Posts
You need one of the older members who downloaded the factory manual when they used to be free. Hopefully, one of them will see this and help you out.

As far as the antenna connectors...it appears the top one (yellow?) would be the FM, leaving the blue and black for the Satellite and GPS. I would say the blue is the GPS but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think the 2017 has 2 gps antennas? Yellow is Sirius, blue was gps and the 2 pin rectangle in the corner is am/fm. Also, It seems that most of those are pretty standard between Kia / Hyundai. Kinda curious what connector C actually does. It is basically 2 serial ports.

I don't have my car back from the shop to see what's actually connected to it. It's not connected to the display. I'm curious what the HVN is capable of that they dont have connected or enabled.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
249 Posts
Port C is a curiosity. It's several different types of signaling. RS422 is very different from RS485 and LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signaling) is yet another mode of communication. TML I believe has to do with the automated voice capabilities of the UVO/Blue Link built into the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts